ChrisDiz

Palmersport Track Event

Hey all,

I'm going on a Track event at palmersport in Bedford, getting to drive the Ariel Atom, Catherham, and M3 in anger!!

I'm not really after any advice, just gloating...  :mrgreen:  Anyone been there before? What times do I need to beat??

Awesome fun... went about 10 years ago on Corporate Hospitality....

Listen to the instructors and enjoy... mostly they say "Accelerate Accelerate Accelerate Accelerate" followed by a loud "BRAKE" !!!!

When I went some of the cars were duel controlled and the instructors didn't mind messing around with you in the corners by hammering their accelerator as you've just hit the apex of the corner....

Plenty of vast run off areas so very little chance of hitting anything, I managed to spin every car expect the 4x4 and the single seater, with the aid of the instructors...

I managed a 720 spin in a Clio Cup Racer at 90mph coming off a corner and managed to keep it on the track to carry on going losing only a few mph...

To sum it up listen to the instructors, and have a huge amount of fun, the harder you push the cars the more the instructors push you until you run out of skill...  ;)

ETA - by lunch time some of the customers I was with were physically sick and had to miss the afternoon session due to the G-forces that they had met....It was strange how it effect some and not others, of our group of 50 people some 7-8 cried off for the afternoon!!

Edited by Seesure

I did the same three on a corporate event last year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. You will also get two laps in a stoopidley fast race car!

8 laps in each car that you drive which is a good amount. I recently went to Silverstone and you only get 2 laps in each car. By the time you are confident with the track it's time to bring the car in....!

Thumbs up from me :-)

I have been and loved it. Oddly from the cars I was in, Clio cup racer, 911gt3, m3 and catheram the m3 was the one I enjoyed the least

Same as seesure ................ just listen and enjoy.

I did the same as him a few years back, but we had Jags instead of the M3's .................. great day

but have to say I enjoyed the catheram the most, even more so than the single seater.