cableguy

''individual'' Spring Clean...

Purchased the car in January after looking at many so called immaculate examples... and consider myself quite fortunate to have finally found a good, honest & well maintained car. The major bonus was that she is one of only nine UK RHD examples finished in individual Techno Violet. 

Finally today I had the time and weather on hand to give her a thorough clean. I took the wheels off a few weeks ago and removed all previous balance weight residue, clayed, cleaned and waxed to protect from the remaining salt left on our roads from the winter, arches were also thoroughly cleaned too... So today it was really just a thorough wash, inspect all the paint and marks from the past ten years, clean all the glass, degrease all door shuts, door bottoms and boot aperture and I do believe she's looking rather good in the late afternoon sunshine...

Spent a fair bit recently on the cooling system and new alternator, belts etc. mainly preventative maintenance as I hope to keep the car for a good while and bring it up to the standard I expect.

Future plans on the bodywork are a few odd bits that require paint or touch up and a full paint correction detail. I'm a big fan of the OEM look, however if a decent set of 18" Split Rims come along then I may just be tempted for summer use.

I have to admit I am really taken by the colour 8) . It looks very dark on a cloudy day, however when the sun is out the metallic flake really comes to life... Its not easy to capture the true colour by camera but in person the colour is absoloutely stunning and really suits the soft lines of the e39 IMO.

A couple of pics I took today and as mentioned above, it's hard to really get a good pic of the colour... maybe my old Canon IXUS50 is due for replacement...

Opinions welcome...?

C.

post-40806-0-00920100-1366490163_thumb.j

post-40806-0-02763800-1366490182_thumb.j

The car is looking beatiful mate, they come out really nice after a polish.

I've recently bought a Techno Violet E39, I didn't know there were 9 of these in the country,

Another Techno Violet e39... Congrats fella. Any details, pics etc.?

C.

ill sell a kidney for that colour!! lovely! 

Another Techno Violet e39... Congrats fella. Any details, pics etc.?

C.

It's a 530i Msport, with sat nav, black leathers 18" parallels etc, will get some pictures once I've gave it a good detail.

Did BMW only bring 9 Techno Violet in the country.

Only 9 UK RHD registered Techno Violet e39's, yes.

C.

Bloody hell I didn't know they were that rare here, mind you I've never seen another one around.

I see you are in North Yorkshire I don't live far from Skipton. Is there any BMW meets coming soon up north you know of.

I'm 2 miles from Stokesley, will give you a heads up if they're any meets coming up.

Headlights... Do a search as this has been covered recently. Meguiars Headlight Restoration Kit is recommended. ;)

C.