frozenwaffles

Fuse blown inside intravee II

Hi, does anyone have the details, specs or a link to buy a replacement fuse? My fuse has blown... :(

I only go to use my Intravee for one drive home!

Anyone with a 2001 X5  should be careful as to which iBus plug they put in their Intravee II!!!

Actually the other 'iBus' connector is not an iBus connector at all, it's a power supply for a phone antenna booster!

BMW are total idiots for using the same keyed connector for two different applications in the same part of the car and wired differently so that using the wrong plug results a blown fuse (either car or device). What is the point in using a keyed connector if it's not to prevent exactly this!!

The Intravee fuse is a LittleFuse 3A http://uk.farnell.com/littelfuse/0452003-nrl/fuse-antisurge-smd-3a/dp/9922385RL

I can post you one if you have difficulty finding them.

Should be OK.

The fuse is on the under side of the board near the 3 pin connector. If your Intravee S/N is greater than 003000 then the fuse will be in a holder, it can be carefully prised out with two pins or very small flat bladed screwdrivers. If the S/N is less than 003000 the fuse is soldered directly to the board, you'll have to remove it and solder on the new one.

What do you mean by 'my fuse broke off'? 

The problems you describe in another thread and via PM are not indicative of a blown fuse in the Intravee. 

9 minutes ago, RichardP said:

What do you mean by 'my fuse broke off'? 

The problems you describe in another thread and via PM are not indicative of a blown fuse in the Intravee. 

I know but I try to remove the fuse and broke it in half