cape4

ai net breakout box

wow,

I didnt realise there was a commercially available option for this, i thought it was all home made boxes.

As a newer member to use the intravii, something that i hope will be taken as constructive criticism.....

All this info isnt in a "sticky" there is TONS of info needed to attempt this time of integration but its hard to locate.

i would love to see a thread or guide to summarize all this into one area making it easier to handle.

Your "box" looks great and would have loved to order one had i known.

Be VERY careful metering out the connections, the pins on the AI-Net are easy to push in and will not make contact, i know this cause i did it.

Parallel all the connections except for the audio. if there is a shield parallel that to the other 2 i net cables, again all but the audio.

the added RCA connectors i add get parallel to the L and R of the ai net correct? and I need to ground the outer shield of the added RCA to the audio signal ground of the ai net connector correct? also the power ground is the outer shield of the Ainet cable and is separate from the audio signal ground . also looking at the ai net cable the power pin 7 is on the right correct?

I'm a little confuse also that according to my ping test my right RCA signal line seems to be out on its own with no shield around it like what I believe the left RCA signal line is

wow,

I didnt realise there was a commercially available option for this, i thought it was all home made boxes.

As a newer member to use the intravii, something that i hope will be taken as constructive criticism.....

All this info isnt in a "sticky" there is TONS of info needed to attempt this time of integration but its hard to locate.

i would love to see a thread or guide to summarize all this into one area making it easier to handle.

Your "box" looks great and would have loved to order one had i known.

You are right, but it's very difficult to get all the information in one place.

Bear in mind that the use of an Alpine processor is quite unusual. I've made 20 breakout boxes in total, there are also a couple of people that have made their own as you have and Brian is doing, so maybe 25 people worldwide that have this type of install.

the audio is NOT the white and red!! mine was (blue and green)??? both had drain wires for ground, where the red and white only had a shield

you need three ai net cables,

the cable going to the pxa gets all wires paralleled to the other two ai net except the audio, that comes from the rca inputs, the other two ai net cables get all cable paralleled except the audio wires, those connect to each other.

the idea is all the communication, ground and power are all paralleled, the audio comes in from an ai net cable as a source, then out through the intravii to the factory system. it then comes in from the factory system through the rca ins then to the pxa

Edited by cape4

The picture at the start of this thread is looking into a female connector, i.e. the socket that's on the KCA-420i etc.

Pins 4 5 6 should be at the bottom of the cable as with the right angle connector the wire goes up if in the same orientation as the socket picture.

idk what wrong when it uploads the picture it flips it for some reason. I plane on buying one of you breakout boxes as I like how professional it looks and clean. I just have to buy a dsc module first and wait a few weeks after that to get caught up. do you also have the intravee switches to sell or do I have to get it from the other place? also just put of curiosity why was this device named intravee?

There can be no possible reason for having 2 AI-Net cables going from the breakout box to the H100, if a second is needed then there is something not correct in the wiring of the cable with audio coming from the RCA's.

Without the 2nd cable what happens?

How is the 2nd cable wired, is it just a splitter with all wires in the AI-Net cable?

I'm not sure but it didnt seem to work any other way. I had to feed output from h100 to otherside of the breakout box I have three ai net y off from there one is connected to output of h100 one goes to intravee one goes to hd radio and I come out of hd radio into kc 420

There is no 'Output' from the H100 AI-Net port, except that any command input into either port will come out of the other.

If you need the fourth cable, something is wrong.

I think it might be best to just get one of my boxes and have done. I don't make any money from them, so I'm not just trying to sell them, it's just that I know they work.

yep I do plan on getting one of your boxes I like the clean look of it and I know u cnt be making money off them as to make ur own it's allot of work. give me a few weeks and I'll get one but as of now if I unplug the ai net from the h100 I loose sound. this week I will go over my box and check every Pinout with ohm meter.

You do have the BMW 6 pin audio connector plugged into the Intravee I assume. Also, what type of radio module do you have (sorry if you've already said), BM24/C43 or BM54/BM53?

EDIT:

Quick search reveals that you have a BM53, so the 6 pin audio should be connected to the Intravee as in non H100 installs, if not you'll get no audio from the Intravee sources unless you connect the Intravee like this

post-30340-0-01764000-1367937580_thumb.j

and use the console command "pss on". In this case the Intravee audio never gets to the BM53, the audio is switched from the Intravee between HU (from the radio) and AI-Net (from the Intravee sources). The disadvantage is that you will not hear Nav commands when the Intravee is selected.

Edited by RichardP

yep I have the six pin connector plug in I have a bm53 radio with the RCA mod. sorry I don't want to take much of your time on this it is working now and I will for sure but a breakout box from you because of the build quality and compactness of it. I'd also like to purchase a switch if possible to save on shipping from having to buy from two differnt places but u probally don't have an extra since u aren't a seller of them. it does boggle my mind that it's not workig the way it is suppose to with all new components so I'm not sure.

OK, but please bear in mind that the break out box can take a month to be delivered to the USA (although sometimes they take a week, no idea why there is such a difference).

Edit: You are correct, I don't sell the switches, only ToysInYourCar have them.

Edited by RichardP

You are right, but it's very difficult to get all the information in one place.

Bear in mind that the use of an Alpine processor is quite unusual. I've made 20 breakout boxes in total, there are also a couple of people that have made their own as you have and Brian is doing, so maybe 25 people worldwide that have this type of install.

Hi Richard...  how much to get one of those boxes made?

Thank you

Byong.