Duggs

Ex Factory Details.

I'm sure this has been posted before BUT if not..then ho hum !

If you go to http://bmwvin.com    Insert your Vin number and the little code that's displayed, you can print off a full list of everything that you car left the factory with.

Happy to see that my 530 Sport left Germany fitted with the M5's M Sport suspension 2  !

On the bright side...if it sits a bit higher then you won't smack the underside of your bumper on every remotely raised bump you come across. Parking nose on to kerb stones is a soddin nightmare !

but its the diff in height between the sports chris. some seem to sit alot lower then other sports, strange.

Yeah, it's really the rear that bothers me as TBH, if it was much lower at the front it would catch everything! That's what made me do the vin thing, to make sure it actually was a sport and not a copy, thankfully it's gen! Your right karl1, I've noticed differences between sports aswell, very strange

$(KGrHqNHJEYFCbi8NO5MBQthLkTJF!~~ 12

$(KGrHqJ,!lQFCzUq1Yp0BQthLkZCcg~~ 12

Here's my Sport.

On yours the front looks spot on IMHO. The back, perhaps a smidgeon to high....but not much.

Edited by Duggs

Strange, the only thing I can think of is that at 130k it might of had new rear shocks at some point but paperwork is missing.

OK guy's not a suspension question but just checked my car using the above VIN link and I have S995A AENDERUNGSSPERRE - Dummy-SALAPA, what's this? I've tried a translation of it but it won't translate.

That does look high at the back Paul.  Mine is an SE, although it came with Sports Suspension from the factory.  These are pictures of mine taken just before i bought it, as it shows the ride height best : 

gallery_31803_15_1096980.png

gallery_31803_15_286669.png

That's the sort of height I thought mine should have I'll be sorting some lowering springs in the next couple of months hopfully to get it sitting somwhere near where I want it to be, interestingly I had a 528i se on pre facelift that had sports suspension from factory and that sat much better than my actual sport!!! Hey ho.

Image067-2.jpg

Edited by bmpaul

Surprisingly they are! I think I've just got one that is sitting higher than others as has been said before they do seem to differ in ride height alot

i have this on the list

S555A  BORDCOMPUTER  On-board computer V with remote control

but what is it as theres nothing in the car, the computer is built into the sat nav but no remote control