Sign in to follow this  
Jon T

Newbie!

Hi, and thanks to Trisman for introducing me :lol:

I am doing some good things to my M535i, though unfortunately it was front ended somewhere in it's life.. I hope this doesn't affect people's views of it. I've brought it back from the dead, 2 years of being outside not being used by the previous owner who didn't have the time to fix it up and it's now been MOT'd for a couple of weeks.. Since then I have managed to blow up reverse gear on my dogleg by doing insanely stressing tasks such as reversing into my driveway.

I also have a 1988 520i Lux on the road and a spare 1986 M535i with no mot which has been kept insanely original, but I have no use other than spares.

Here are a couple of pics, though some fool had put a 'wing' on it at some point, though I do quite like the wheels he's put on to it.. Unfortunately also the brainy guy cut out speaker holes in the leather door cards and minced the rear shelf to fit in some 6x9 speakers. I have much work to do.

There are also some things which won't pass the next mot, such as brake lines and door sills, but I managed to fix the big hole which was under the drivers footwell, it was about 2 inches in diameter which failed the mot nicely. It's better than new now though :lol:

webpic.jpg

webpic2.jpg

welcome to the 5 forum Jon, you almost have half as many 5s as Jimmy has now :lol:

thats a straight lookin motor john, sits well an all, nice drop o paint on it, just got rid o one mesell, lookin at that,n makes the wallet start twitchin :lol: not sure about the boot badge, but thats just me stealth keeps the tossers in hatchbacks off yer bumper :lol: leccy leather as well luvvley :D

Nice to see another fellow 535 owner! :lol:

WELCOME!

Ditto on the leccy leather seats!

Very nice!

The wheels i think are tsw hockenhiems-(not sure of the spelling!). :lol:

Ben.

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum, car looks very nice :)

Not meaning to nag, but in future could you please try and resize images down to about 640x480 in size. Not only are large images a pain for people still using a dial up connection, but they also cause horizontal scrolling, which if somebody posts alot of text is a pain to read :)

Cheers

John

Hi there Jon!!

Impressive motor you've got there, shame about the holes in the boot!!...

But...

If you want, I have an Alpine white bootlid c/w an m-tec spoiler from a 520i I got off eBay last week (no holes in it!!) original paint in v.good nick, also have a rear parcel shelf that hasn't been cut for speakers!

Hi Jon,

Is your car an M535i with a 535i boot badge or a 535i with all the Mtech bits added?

B)

Cheers, and welcome to the forum.

Pete

B9 #200, incase that wasn't a little joke it definately is an M535i !, the chassis plate and dvla V5 tell me so B)

It looks as though I may be getting a boot off Trisman who's like a magnet of things people want it seems. I'll just put an ///M on there this time to be discreet!, or shall I leave 520i on it?, hehe.

It was a genuine question as I believe the M535i just had the "M" badge on the boot. In the first issue there was a comparison between the M535i and the B9, but they used a 535i with all the Mtech bits added.

Peter,

I had the same problem with badges on my M535i and I think if I remember rightly the m badge sits on the left while the 535i badge on the right, see D4`s pics the badges are the right way round on that.