RichardP

Downloader program required to update Intravee firmware and update instructions

There was one on the Intravee forum, but that is no longer available.

It's not hard though.

Quick version

Run the Intravee downloader program, select 'File' and 'Comms Setup', from the drop down list select the COM port you are using, there will be a description by all valid ports.  Leave the speed set to 115000.  Click OK.  You're done.

Longer version

I've tried to cover all scenarios below, so the instructions are about 10 times longer than they probably need to be!

First, find out the com port number of the physical hardware you are using to connect to the Intravee.  If your PC has a serial port then it's probably COM1 or COM2, if you are using a USB/Serial device then it could be any number, but usually below 32.  To find out, open Windows Device Manager, exactly how you do this varies between versions of Windows, but if you open Control Panel you should see the 'Device Manager' applet, if you have the 'Category' view selected, it will be under 'Hardware and Sound' then 'Devices and Printers'.

With Device Manager open you should have a branch of the tree view called "Ports (COM & LPT)", double click the node to open the branch.  You should then see a list of all the available ports, there may only be one.  Make a note of the port number of the device you are using, if in doubt note all of them!  If the COM port has a number greater than 32 you will have to change it by double clicking the device, select the 'Port Settings' tab, then the Advanced option, from there change the COM port number to a value of 32 or lower.

Go to quick instructions!

Glad to see that there are people out there still working with this system. Thanks for the updates. This might be sacrilegious, but I've recently converted and got a Galaxy S4. Was hoping that the 30-pin to micro USB adapters for iPod docks would work, but it couldn't be that easy. Might there be any possibility of a future update to include Android support?

The only possibility would be a Bluetooth adapter that fully supports the iPod dock connector protocol, so far, I don't know of one.

Ok. Thanks Richard. I may give one or two BT adapters a try and see if I can get anything to work.

has anyone else had any trouble with this download? the file has downloaded but it cannot unzip because its empty apparently!? or the zip is invalid?

Edited by karlos28

cheers mate, but thats no good either.. that downloads then inst where i put it.. tried putting it on the desk top and im my downloads but its just not there..

tried the original download again and still getting the same messages. also, i checked the zip file and it does contain 64k... very odd!