BLooD

Who would like the LCI sport mode on there pre-LCI E60?

First off I can not take any credit for this, Dbond over at 5series.net brought it to attention of the that forum.

Things you will need :-

51167059900 Shift Bezel with mounting hole for the Sport Button

61316922799 Sport button

61138380696 4 pol socket contact

3 x bushing contacts

3 x pin contacts

You will need to dismantle the dashboard for this, remove the long I-strip with the vents across the centre,undo the two screw holding the AC panel disconnect and remove, undo the screws holding the CCC/M-ask in place and withdraw from the cradle then disconnect the plugs, remove the cover panel holding the switch centre and disconnect the plugs.

The right hand plug on the switch centre is the one we need.

Carefully remove the plug from it`s housing then insert three bushing contacts in pins 8,10 and9.

Fit the three pin contacts into the socket housing at 1,2 and 3.

Pins 1 - 9 Button LED

Pins 2 - 10 Button ground

Pins 3 - 8 Button live

No coding nessaccary.

When active this will give you heavier more direct steering and higher shift points for the auto gear box.

post-36958-0-03462600-1352972923_thumb.p

post-36958-0-33842600-1352973524_thumb.j

Edited by BLooD

LOL, I saw your initial response to him. Humble Pie later ....

I was asking about this before - very interested in doing this ...

btw, your 135 miles from 1/3 of a tank seems quite bad, even if you've just been driving around town. Have you checked your stats?

No I have not checked them, I have been suspecting them for a while. Can`t afford anything at the moment, I now have two wires sticking out of my centre console because of this mod.

It`s pretty much the same as in DS mode except it changes quicker, I cant really test it properly I don`t have straight enough roads around here.

well with winter coming, the quicker you change em, the more fuel you'll save. You can change the egr stat as a stop gap, it's about £35, but £22 from gsf and is the OEM Behr brand. Fitting is a doddle, I'm sure you've seen the video.

well with winter coming, the quicker you change em, the more fuel you'll save. You can change the egr stat as a stop gap, it's about £35, but £22 from gsf and is the OEM Behr brand. Fitting is a doddle, I'm sure you've seen the video.

I have, just don`t have the money at the moment, was thinking about getting rid of the car to be honest but cant even do that.

With your knowledge of the electronics of our cars I thought you could go freelance and make shit loads of money with small coding jobs

I don``t know that much and it`s too easy to mess things up.

Probably a daft question but where is sports mode on the LCI??

Only applies if you have the sport auto transmission which was a 530D and 535D exclusive option, the sport shifter, sport button and paddles can be retrofitted too the 525D and 520D.

First off I can not take any credit for this, Dbond over at 5series.net brought it to attention of the that forum.

Things you will need :-

51167059900 Shift Bezel with mounting hole for the Sport Button

61316922799 Sport button

61138380696 4 pol socket contact

3 x bushing contacts

3 x pin contacts

You will need to dismantle the dashboard for this, remove the long I-strip with the vents across the centre,undo the two screw holding the AC panel disconnect and remove, undo the screws holding the CCC/M-ask in place and withdraw from the cradle then disconnect the plugs, remove the cover panel holding the switch centre and disconnect the plugs.

The right hand plug on the switch centre is the one we need.

Carefully remove the plug from it`s housing then insert three bushing contacts in pins 8,10 and9.

Fit the three pin contacts into the socket housing at 1,2 and 3.

Pins 1 - 9 Button LED

Pins 2 - 10 Button ground

Pins 3 - 8 Button live

No coding nessaccary.

When active this will give you heavier more direct steering and higher shift points for the auto gear box.

How much does all this cost.

Also what area do you live in and do you fancy doing a meet to help fit it to my car. Plus I'm sure there are others which would like it done and maybe we could all meet up in some place fit them all at once.

How much does all this cost.

Also what area do you live in and do you fancy doing a meet to help fit it to my car. Plus I'm sure there are others which would like it done and maybe we could all meet up in some place fit them all at once.

Alot deano, the bezel is almost £100 and the button £50.

Only applies if you have the sport auto transmission which was a 530D and 535D exclusive option, the sport shifter, sport button and paddles can be retrofitted too the 525D and 520D.

Ahhh.. that makes sense.

I'll have to look into it, thanks.

Blood... if anyone can design their own retrofit kit, it's you! I'm sure you could get all the bits and pieces together from Maplin and do a massive install for everyone?

If you're saying you can't afford to do the stats at the moment, I'm sure the cash you get from this will go a long way!

Probably a daft question but where is sports mode on the LCI??

Between the gear shifter and iDrive knob. remember the gear shift area is smaller on a LCi because it is fly by wire

Alot deano, the bezel is almost £100 and the button £50.

i read on you other posts that there are two wires you can put together to try it out first.

Can you confirm which wires these are cause

I'm now very intreged as I have been looking at some tuning parts for my car to improve throttle response eg k and n filter, tuning box, as mine has hesitation on pull away.

i read on you other posts that there are two wires you can put together to try it out first.

Can you confirm which wires these are cause

I'm now very intreged as I have been looking at some tuning parts for my car to improve throttle response eg k and n filter, tuning box, as mine has hesitation on pull away.

Look at the DIY and wire the two wires for ground and live then just touch the two together for a brief second.

OK so I did this mod yesterday B)

Right, so out with the dash lol

IMG_0213.jpg

In with the button:

IMG_0244.jpg

And the result :)

IMG_0211.jpg

I can't say I notice a change in the throttle response or gear change (it's a bit like being in DS or M mode), but I'm more than happy with the results as the feeling of the heavier steering alone makes this mod worth it :)