Ian E

e12 528i Build - Pic heavy!

Nice pic. E39 looks a bit plain jane in that company.

A sport would have been better

Is that a V8 E34? Hartge maybe? E28 looks 'original' lol

E34 is a Hartge 4.7 V8 with 18" Hartge alloys, Hartge exhaust, etc. 

E28 is a m535i and is standard. Needs a little love though!

E39 is a standard 528i

E60 is an M5

F11 is a 535i

Edited by Ian E

Last pic from 2013...

9428484288_a66df66c31_c.jpg

Been busy over the winter months once again. Repaired the N/S engine bay area and repainted...

12031941533_21f8284481_z.jpg
DSC03774 by iewen, on Flickr

12031659435_37f67226e2_z.jpg
DSC03772 by iewen, on Flickr

Bought another drivers seat (thanks to the wonders of ebay) as mine was worn...

12155950493_e134cf0404_z.jpg
image by iewen, on Flickr

I'll get it MOT'd in the next few weeks and then Tax it for April. 

Edited by Ian E

What was up with the N/S?

A badly repaired inner panel. Not as bad as the other side. I ground the welds down flush and repainted the whole side and battery tray area.

Didn't use the e12 much this year apart from driving it to Le Mans classic! A great event and the e12 didn't miss a beat the whole time.

Now SORN'd again for the winter but have managed to get a hold of a set of 17" staggered BBS Style5s, so tried them on today to compare...

Top has 17" on and bottom has 18". What do you think???

15506991898_88dc2376c1_c.jpg

Stunning car.  This era of BMW has such presence now in todays computer designed age.

Not many E12's around can't remember when I last saw one on the road?

I agree with Cableguy, higher profile tyres on the 17's, but the 18's do fill the arches nicely.

Keep up the good work.

Mick

Thanks guys!

I'll have a play with the tyres once the wheels are refurbished. Will be fitting slightly larger tyres but still with a similar stretch to the 18s.

I live near High Wycombe so the Ace Cafe isn't to far from me!

Just seen this thread for the first time. Beautiful car and very nicely restored. All a matter of taste I know, but it looks so much better than the two at the other end of the line-up. I suppose in 30 years time someone will say something similar about them !

Hi Ian,

I'm almost hanging my head in shame I've not seen this build/project thread from you !!

It's always good to catch up with you! Just the other day I was thinking about a local contact I have who's had his E12 535i for a very long time and seeing if I can entice him to bring the car back onto the road and attend a few shows, he lives (or used to!) a few streets away from me, so perhaps worthwhile getting you both to meet and see what his car may need doing...

No doubt as the weather gets a bit warmer, you'll continue improving this example you have, it really does look fantastic in the metal !  a vote for the 18's from me..  but I also think you could really do with some 18 inch Hartge Design C's..    there's a set just nearby at Fullhouse's place that I think you need to acquire ;)

Catch you soon 

Cheers, Dennis!

Edited by DennisCooper

They look nice,

where did you get them done Ian?

Speak to Dips at Custom Cars in Hayes. He is the main man for this!

Hi Ian,

I'm almost hanging my head in shame I've not seen this build/project thread from you !!

It's always good to catch up with you! Just the other day I was thinking about a local contact I have who's had his E12 535i for a very long time and seeing if I can entice him to bring the car back onto the road and attend a few shows, he lives (or used to!) a few streets away from me, so perhaps worthwhile getting you both to meet and see what his car may need doing...

No doubt as the weather gets a bit warmer, you'll continue improving this example you have, it really does look fantastic in the metal !  a vote for the 18's from me..  but I also think you could really do with some 18 inch Hartge Design C's..    there's a set just nearby at Fullhouse's place that I think you need to acquire ;)

Catch you soon 

Cheers, Dennis!

Cheers Dennis! Sounds like I need to know more about this other e12! Pop into Birds for a catch up as I'm back there now but as workshop manager! 

Speak to Dips at Custom Cars in Hayes. He is the main man for this!

Cheers Dennis! Sounds like I need to know more about this other e12! Pop into Birds for a catch up as I'm back there now but as workshop manager! 

Hi ian

Hopefully I'll be able to track him down and then try and persuade him to bring the car out! from vague memory, it's been in the family since new or at least very new!

Congrats on the 'move back' !  i'll pop on over once I get my car back, a few more goodies will need to be added to it !

Cheers, Dennis!

Wheels are now on!!!

16487249029_988bd442e1_c.jpg

Spec - 

F - 8x17 et10 205/40/17 Falken tyre with 15mm spacer

R - 9x17 et19 215/40/17 Falken tyre no spacer.

Haven't had to adjust the ride height either although it is now closer to the ground which is already causing an issue on my driveway!!!

Edited by Ian E