baus

Check your scuttle drains!

Scuttle Drain Check  

128 members have voted

1. 1. After checking it, was your drain blocked?

Box? Do you mean the cabin filter box? I think from memory there is one torn self taper and the rest are quarter turn plastic hex headed bolts

No sorry not the filter box the box of electronics underneath that panel to check if the drain plug is blocked I tried to get a coat hanger down behind but really you need to take the electronics box out to see properly.

I've got a Pela oil removal pump from my days servicing smart cars (No sump plug, oil had to be sucked out)

Pushing the intake pipe into the drivers side and a couple of pumps, and it's either dry, or drained.

So far, I'm all dry, but if I did find it wet down there, the flexible but stiff pipe would push the grommet, or the crap out soon enough.

They aren't that expensive, and a handy thing to have in the tool box,

HTH

Rich

Hi checked mine yesterday after washing the car, pretty much bone dry under there, only very slightly damp Mabie where I had just hosed the car off, the grommet doesn't look blocked, I am assuming its the long thin grommet in this picture which gets blocked?

post-45582-0-82732200-1364627156_thumb.j

Edited by b16gtf

Cheers guys! The advice was swift!! I can see that having other good applications so its on the shopping list :-)

I have one i use for work from RS Components. No good on my car, only drew out about 4-5 litres, undoing the drain plug got the other 2 litres out.

I went for cheap ECP ones... They seem to fit OK with no gaps around the outsides

charcoal is really good at absorbing smell, so I'd recommend you go for them for scientific purposes alone...

charcoal is really good at absorbing smell, so I'd recommend you go for them for scientific purposes alone...

The trouble is if you put your system on re-circ it won't pass the air through the filters so any farts will still be detected

After reading this write up and in conjunction with sloshing noises from behind the dash stripped both sides , just in time to by the look of it . I had water to just under re brake fluid container on the drivers side but the passenger side appeared empty..... Good call..........:-)