gingerdigger

F11 wish I had options but potential retro fit

36 posts in this topic

PS - the screwdriver in the car's toolkit is a perfect fit.

Good luck and don't touch the bulbs as that dramatically reduces the bulbs life.

I'm still interested in the ambient lighting retrofitting. Has anybody done it successfully yet?

On 11/02/2017 at 11:43 PM, marcuslee2032 said:

In case anyone is still attached to this thread, and has still been yearning for auto close trunk/boot like I've been, FYI looks like BimmerTech are on the cusp of releasing a less prohibitive cost version of auto close trunk/boot:
http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21258072#post21258072

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I hope the retro fit ambient lighting is better than the option factory fit. With the factory fit in mine you get a choice of two; BMW Orange or Modern (White) neither of which are really noticable against the lighting in the cabin from all the instruments. 

Edited by c00lh4nd

Ill be honest I used my work mates BMW as a guide to what options I did and didn't want as his was basically fully loaded other than folding rear seats and the ambient lighting didn't impress me enough to bother making it a must have in the cars I was looking at, my GF's mini does a better job of it with changeable colours etc.

what does the f10/f11 come with as standard with regards to ambient lighting? I thought they all had it? My door pockets, handles, under aluminum trim etc glow orange 

Ambient lighting is standard on all LCI cars except 518 and 520. I agree there could be a greater choice of colours but I really like the subtle glow.