adeel43

Adeel's E39 525d

158 posts in this topic

Having owned the car for 6 months now thought I'd post some pics and changes made since I have it.

So having bought it as a standard se with 100k on the clock it looked like this...

2sbkhs0.jpg

149zk14.jpg

2nkknsh.jpg

vd2xpy.jpg

syxt7t.jpg

xqjscp.jpg

The after a few upgrades (mostly from members here I might add!) she know looks like this on the blackberry at least!

Off the top of my head I have,

Changed fabric to leather seats and doorcards
Wrapped vavona in black carbon
New licence plates
Led number plate lamps
Satin guage rings for speedo
MId installed (although not really working!)
New mats
18" style 42's and new tyres (will need a major refurb very soon)
Shadowline trim around the windows
Black Grilles
Sport kickplates will be on tomorrow
LED markers are on the way in the post!

2igca2x.jpg

k2jxw.jpg

k3avbt.jpg

2cid9hd.jpg

2vx0xon.jpg

Put a picture of the mats in there are mine were ok but old and the drivers side was knackered, got them for £12 delivered. Not as good as OEM (about half the weight) but look good, fit perfectly and delivered in two days - even came with a bag of OEM fixings for the floor!

Website was value car mats,just type IWANTADEAL at the checkout thumb.gif

Future upgrades will be proper interior trim (mine are wrapped and its ok, not brilliant), paintless dent removal, sport bumpers,new pads and discs (they do squeal a little) and double din if I cant get the mid working. I'll look in to lowering because it looks really high at the back!

Edited by adeel43

Having owned the car for 6 months now thought I'd post some pics and changes made since I have it.

So having bought it as a standard se with 100k on the clock it looked like this...

2sbkhs0.jpg

149zk14.jpg

2nkknsh.jpg

vd2xpy.jpg

syxt7t.jpg

xqjscp.jpg

The after a few upgrades (mostly from members here I might add!) she know looks like this on the blackberry at least!

Off the top of my head I have,

Changed fabric to leather seats and doorcards

Wrapped vavona in black carbon

New licence plates

Led number plate lamps

Satin guage rings for speedo

MId installed (although not really working!)

New mats

18" style 42's and new tyres (will need a major refurb very soon)

Shadowline trim around the windows

Black Grilles

Sport kickplates will be on tomorrow

LED markers are on the way in the post!

2igca2x.jpg

k2jxw.jpg

k3avbt.jpg

2cid9hd.jpg

2vx0xon.jpg

Put a picture of the mats in there are mine were ok but old and the drivers side was knackered, got them for £12 delivered. Not as good as OEM (about half the weight) but look good, fit perfectly and delivered in two days - even came with a bag of OEM fixings for the floor!

Website was value car mats,just type IWANTADEAL at the checkout thumb.gif

Future upgrades will be proper interior trim (mine are wrapped and its ok, not brilliant), paintless dent removal, sport bumpers,new pads and discs (they do squeal a little) and double din if I cant get the mid working. I'll look in to lowering because it looks really high at the back!

Forget a 2din mate get an Andrive from http://www.andrive.co.uk - had one in my E46 an they do an E39 version...call them and you'll get a better price ;)

Edited by mintimperial

or get the one im planning on getting on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260953839829?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

These chinnese radios are actually pretty damn good. I have a MEOS double din in my mondeo ST and I absolutely love it. same features like iPod control, bluetooth, usb, sd etc and the sat navs are really good and can be updated as softwares just on an sd card so just plug into your cmputer and purchase update

If I do upgrade the head unit I am putting functionality and sound quality at the top of the list. Happy for it be an ongoing project but keeping OEM looks just doest seem as important as having quality and slick functionality. For £500 I could get a double din fascia and a pretty good HU just need to test

the MID and see if it is faulty or not.

Edited by adeel43
e39liam likes this

Dude, I searched high and low when I was buying for my E46, and fuctionality on the andrive / dynavin is incomparable to ANY 2 din unit. The cheaper chinese units sound quality is shocking, but the and rive and dynavin are comparable to pioneer or alpine imho. The extra functionality of the andrive over dynavin. combined with cheaper price is what sold it for me. They really are fantastic units. Dont dismiss them!

My favourite part of my andrive was the android side, with full 3G internet...i have a server at home with 100gigs of music and i just streamed direct to the HU :) As soon as funds allow, Ill be buying the E39 version. Amazing piece of kit.

Edited by mintimperial

down to the rest of the system and amp used in HU

00cy001O58f.jpg

This is my MEOS double din - 60W x4 MOSFET output feeding to alpine components and tweeters up front, 5x7s in back doors, AC12 sub in boot driven by vibe lite air class d monoblock. I am now adding sound proofing as well but I can assure with that set up SQ is absolutely fantastic and only got beaten by 1 other mk2 mondeo who had about 30 speakers and £20-30K worth of audio

down to the rest of the system and amp used in HU

00cy001O58f.jpg

This is my MEOS double din - 60W x4 MOSFET output feeding to alpine components and tweeters up front, 5x7s in back doors, AC12 sub in boot driven by vibe lite air class d monoblock. I am now adding sound proofing as well but I can assure with that set up SQ is absolutely fantastic and only got beaten by 1 other mk2 mondeo who had about 30 speakers and £20-30K worth of audio

Assumed OP was looking for a plug and play solution...

I had to modify the dash for that as ford radio is 1.75DIN so needed relieving carefully. I had a look at using my MEOS in my E39 but thought it would look a bit odd and quite like the OE look as mine is basically staying as is, just with bit more oomph under the bonnet :D

Yeah to be fair the andrive looks very good but is probably too expensive as a one off! And you are right a bit more plug and play would be great!

New pics from today after a good cleaning session...19"s fitted and thankfully the Style 42's have gone to a good home at a good price!

Next mod is the M5 bumper that I'm picking up this week.

2nby885.jpg

2s81w6d.jpg

14sl4w1.jpg

Vlady likes this

Some more recent pics still wearing winter wheels and tyres...I have started the exterior sport conversion but am SO indecisive if it looks better or whether I just want it lower...decisions to be made!

I'm going to try and get hold of some Style 42's again, really regret selling mine as they are my all time fav. wheel style.

mbjy85.jpg

29mq52u.jpg

jgo3ef.jpg

Small update, picked up this bumper and springs last night which will be fitted in the next few days! Cant wait!

Anyone able to identify the springs?

qya5xj.jpg

357r49l.jpg

1ymx6s.jpg

ftmpgk.jpg

Edited by adeel43

So another little update, was away last week so the bumper hasn't been picked up yet and it hasn't been to have the springs fitted but I did have a set of wheels that my wife got fitted while I was away! She knew it would be a great surprise! 18" Style 32's which Arctic Monkey (Graeme) sold me and the 5th set in a year! Top man to deal with and even sending me another tyre as one had some sidewall cracking.

2jccv29.jpg

1ebd54.jpg

bj47r.jpg

Also sorted a small eyesore for a total of £5! Cheap easy fix sorted when I ordered the new thermostat.

141o8c4.jpg

and voila 2 minutes later like new!

am9i4l.jpg

Hopefully springs and service/cooling system overhaul happening on Friday. Rear bumper has been sprayed and waiting to be collected from the painters.

Cant wait!

Took some pics of the interior as it has changed a lot since I first got it. This is the longest I have owned a car and like so many others struggle to think what I could change it for even at double the money that could give me what the 5 does..

before

xqjscp.jpg

after all the mods..

4kbbwm.jpg

Still lots I want to do like fitting an anthracite head-liner and pillar trims and get the steering wheel retrimmed.

Not sure I'll ever be brave enough to attempt the heated and electric seat install but you never know!

Edited by adeel43

Nice. I've got a sent of dial rings I bought a year ago that are yet to be fitted lol

So another update after some work that was done recently.

This little lot in addition to the thermostat and belts were changed a few days ago and I'm happy to say that it is so quiet now and feels more powerful - temps are spot on now also which is great news.

It had another service when it was in so that's peace of mind for another 6 months!

Just need to fit the lowering springs, fit the rear sport bumper, fit the anthracite headliner and trim......the list will never end!!

2wmid0i.jpg

So an update after getting my hands on another set of Style 42 alloys, rear bumper still with the paint shop waiting to be fitted but I just cant seem to find the time!

Will be sad but looks like it will have to go shortly as for the life of me I can't find a way to fit three car seats in the back!

2w324nl.jpg

24pvrlw.jpg

jl3yhj.jpg