sixtwoeight

Boot wont open

8 posts in this topic

Sorry but this isnt going to be a very exiting post.

I dont think i'd make a very good car thief as I cant even open the boot with the keys!

The lock on the boot turns but doesnt open the boot, any ideas how to get in, preferably without causing too much damage (if thats possible)

I've never been able to open it since i've had it, but can see a kitchen cupboard in there through a speaker hole.

So whoevers response works wins a kitchen cupboard.

Cheers

I still think if you have to use a destructive method of entry, smashing a tail light is the most sensible option. The light unit can be replaced and no permanent damage is done, unlike some of the other methods detailed in that thread!

It is even easier to find decent bootlids as well

It is even easier to find decent bootlids as well

Really? That settles it, disc cutter! I've had my boot stick once or twice. I found thumping the lid above the latch REALLY HARD made it unlock and a decent clean and regular lube eventually stopped it from happening.

Co-incidentally, would you just happen to have some of these boot lids lying around Tim? :)

Edited by KingM535i

I've got an e28 bootlid in what I think is cosmos blue. It's got a black rubber BMW spoiler on, which is why I bought it. But the spoiler is stuck on there with something as well as the 10mm bolts. Has 520i badge on.

Free to good home, collection only.

Near Havant Hants.

Really? That settles it, disc cutter! I've had my boot stick once or twice. I found thumping the lid above the latch REALLY HARD made it unlock and a decent clean and regular lube eventually stopped it from happening.

Co-incidentally, would you just happen to have some of these boot lids lying around Tim? :)

Yep

I am pleased to announce the winner of the kitchen cupboard is.......KingM535i. My boot is now open after a bit of lubrication once a day and a few good smacks! Thanks to 12quidkidinnit (think thats right) for advertising the boot lid, very good of you to do so, thankfully i dont need it.

Thanks all.