Sign in to follow this  
Claus M

Howdy from Denmark/Sweden

Howdy Guys!

Went to the bank yesterday, and transferred a deposit on the 530D, I found on mobile.de. It looks good, it has only done 73.000 km/about 50.000 miles, and I found the previous owner in an online-phonebook, and got details and distance verified.

I'm danish, living in Sweden, and going to Germany next week to pick up the car.

It's a 2000 (184hp) with an auto-box. It's facelifted and holds just about everything except navi/tv, and I have a few questions regarding the original equipment.

According to the cars documentation, its equipped with M Sportfahrwerk II. What the hell does version 2 mean? Is it adjustable in any way, or does it relate to previous 5-series, so the "version II" simply is the way these are named today?

Also it has the "0337 M Sportpaket". At first I thougt that was the spoilers and other exterior details, but I found out that is the "0715 M Aerodynamikpaket".

Then what is the M Sportpaket? (It's not the sport seats, the alu-rims or the M leather stearing wheel - they're all specified individually).

Finally I am doing more than 50.000 km's a year. Thats +30.000 miles. Any experiences with durability of the steptronic gearbox, if I go for an ECU upgrade?

Whats the best ECU upgrade method? Is it okay with a higher preassure in the commenrail/injection system, or should I go for ECU/Injection-timing systems only?

I have a few pictures of the car here, and I am desperately waiting to pick it up next week, as I haven't even had the possibility to testdrive the car!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Claus Møller :P

bild08.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild06.jpg

Hi Claus,

you new car has the "sport package" and not the "aero package" the aero package are just extentions of the std bumpers, that car has sport bumpers front and rear,

I am sure the 530d owners on the forum will answer your other questions, welcome. :P

huh?

It says in the book: (complete list) - both aerokit and sportskit

07SN Standard leather, sandbeige

0534 Climate

0302 Alarm

0500 Rain-sensor

0555 Board-computer

0210 DSC III

0337 M Sportpaket

0339 Shadow Line (What is this actually?)

0354 Tinted front-window

0430 Outer and inner mirror auto (aut. abblend, no lights in eyes? :P

0438 Wood decor

0473 Armrest

0481 Sportseats both frontseats

0494 Adjustable seatheight - both sides

0508 PDC

0522 Xenon

0705 M Sportfahrwerk II

0710 M Leather steering wheel

0715 M Aerodynamik paket

0788 M alu rims

0690 Kasetteplayer

xxx? CD-changer, 6 cd's.

If the spoiler-kit is the sportpaket. Then what is the aerodynamikpaket? Is that the small rearspoiler on the trunk?

Hello

I would just like to complement you on your exquisite taste, very handsome motor.

Just a small point, if you have a facelifted car, won't it have the updated 193bhp engine ???

There are quite a few threads on tuning for the 530d - have a look in the E39 section. The plug in tuning box seems to be a popular choice, but after a discussion on engine tuning, I would try and go for a unique set up tailored to your specific car, rather than a generic, one suits all engine map.

Please tell us what you decide to go for and how you get on with it.

bit tasty that Claus, nice choice..

welcome to the gentlemans 5 owner forum :lol:

'ello Claus.

From what I understand, the 193bhp model had no physical differences from the 184bhp - which is an invitation for someone to correct me! :lol:

It's just tuned up a bit - so you should get a pretty good boost anyway. Common figures for plug in units are 0-60 in 6.9sec which is impressive, i'd love to have a full remap though, if only someone would sort my insurance out.

Just one question! - in the wet, have you found the traction control lights up at high-revs even on gentle motorway curves when accelerating? In 3rd the back end goes all wobbly until the traction control recovers it when I plant my foot! :lol:

Howdy Dave!

I believe the 184 hp model didn't have the white/red taillights and didn't have the angeleyes in front. Those, I believe, was introduced on the 193 hp model.

Anyway: I got a really good deal on a tuningbox for the car, and I am waiting for it. I saw a 330D manual gearbox with the same box. 211 hp/499 Nm. That'll do for me too!

The 211/499 was reached without visible increase in exhaustsmoke.

My car is with steptronic, and I doubt It'll make 60 without having to change into 3rd. With 2 gearchanges, I don't think 6,9 is realistically within reach, but somewhere in the 7's should do fine too.

I don't know much about the traction control yet. I am still running on the temporary german exportplates offering no insurance-cover for my own car, if I crash.

I am anxiously waiting... New licenseplates and final insurancepapers are due in my mail later today or tomorrow... PLEASE, mister postman...