BMW 5 Series Owners Board uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Thank you for visiting bmw5. If you'd like to show your support for the forum, please consider becoming a Gold Member

Photo
- - - - -

buying and installing new PDC parking control sensor- front or rear=e60-benefit all

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pearse9000rpm

pearse9000rpm
  • Current Car:e60 530i M sport titan silver

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

buying and installing new PDC parking control sensor-e60-benefit all

ok fault on my PDC sytem intermittanly,but its now on all time,fault on idrive(PDC fault),
its my N/S rear pdc sensor on rear bumper,as all rest are clicking when working ecept it,
(put your ear close to sensor to hear faint clicking) good way to diagnos

anyways gona buy one of ebay probally 2nd ahnd in around £30-£40

im told pdc sensors from another car fits e60 also (is it some sorta volvo or vectra or what )

can anyone confirm,as probaly cheaper to buy of another car

also i belive its a bumper off job to replace sensor,am i correct

hope this helps

any help appriciated

thanks

#2 bignak

bignak
  • LocationBirmingham
  • Current Car:525d sport

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Yep its bumper off job.....easy enough really, just changed 2 of my sensors on my e39......and as for the price, you will get a new one for £30 off ebay....i needed 2 and got em for £50 for the 2 with free post

#3 Mother

Mother
  • Locationnewcastle upon tyne
  • Current Car:525 e60

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

None of mine work.....no clicking....nothing? :(
Posted Image

i7 920-Do-4.0ghz/asus p6t-deluxe oc palm/ GTX580/ 6gb-Mushkin Xtreme 1600mhz / X-fi Gamer 7.1 soundcard/ Galaxy 1000 watt psu/Crucial 128gb ssd /silverstone TJ07/27" samsung S27A950D 120HZ 3D/ Ideazon stealth gaming keyboard/ logitech g5 gaming mouse/windows 7 x64 Pro.
Build log http://www.chilledpc...read.php?t=8560

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users