Sign in to follow this  
B9 #200

Hi Folks...

Hi Folks,

Just found this board and registered. Some of you already know me, I'm Pete Thorpe and live near Basingstoke in Hampshire.

I have owned a 1985 528i since 1990 a 1983 Alpina B9 3.5 since Feb 2000.

Current status of the cars is as follows;

528i (Red 5) has just blown her head gasket or the head has cracked after 218,600 miles, and is going in for repair on Saturday (31st July).

B9 3.5 (Blue Meanie) is just about to be returned from the repair shop after being rear-ended by a Mazda MX5 back in May, where he has also had a total respray apart from the roof. Just awaiting the Alpina striping and boot badges to be applied as I write.

I "borrowed" the B9 for a classic car show on 18th July and was lucky enough to win "Best 1980's Car" at the show, much to my surprise.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete,

bout time some more Alpina owners showed up!!

Andy showed me the pics of your car, bet you were gutted! though saying that it sounds like you getting an even nicer car back! what condition was it in when you "borrowed it back" ?

get some pics up Pete when you get the time, and "Welcome" :rolleyes:

Welcome mate, been a bit of a new member drought recently.

Fancy a Beer sometime? I'm in Basingstoke too!!! Would love to see the B9.

Get some Photo's up soon.

Hi Peter, Mad thing here my wife has a new bug and one of the members in Aberdeen is Peter Thorpe as well (I thought he was playing up). Good set of wheels get some pics up then ;)

Right then, mega-reply to all your questions/comments:-

Bigpow- I think I tried getting some pictures up but it didn't seem to work. I will give it another go. Say Hi to my namesake for me. :)

Dave Ett - You bin peekin'? :D

JulesE34 - The remnants of the BMW Drivers' Club Hampshire Area still meet on the first Tuesday of the month at the "Brigadier Gerard" in Horton Heath, get in touch with me off board if you are interested, or get in touch off board anyway! ;)

Jimmy - The car is like new, all that was missing was the striping and boot badges.

Thanks for the welcome guys! ;)

There are photos on both the M5board.com and Fastsaloons.com Alpina register, and also on bmheaven.freeserve.co.uk

I have tried loading a 273kb pic but I get an error saying that I'm exceeding the limit :wacko:

Ok Jimmy, here's me with the car having just won "Best 1980s Car" at the Poole Bay Classics Show at Braemore House near Fordingbridge, 18th July 2004. ;)

I believe it was a Riley next to me.

I have been told that the striping is going on today! :P so here's another to be going on with until I get some "finished" photos taken.

It's Arctikblau Metallic, which was not particularly unusual 20-odd years ago but of course there are not too many 20+ year old BMWs about these days! :P

Attached photo is of me in the Blue Meanie taking Tower Corner at the last BMW Drivers' Club Castle Combe track day in June 2003.

Verry Nice!!

I'm sure I've seen your car at a few shows, you had it long?!