• Announcements

• sandip

Email notifications   06/09/2016

We are aware the email notifications are currently not working.  If you require any assistance related to receiving emails, please contact one of the admin team whilst we look to resolve this issue.   If you have any issues verifying your account, please contact one of the team on our Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/groups/forum.bmw5/   Thanks Sandip 
scz4

F10\F11 Standard Stereo

80 posts in this topic

snap, on the Tannoy M2s I think! great speakers. The marantz is still going strong but there is discernable difference with the new amp and the upgrade bug is hopefully to bed for a while.

I often eat lunch parked up away from work to chill out too.

PIcked the 525d up today and drove 340 miles home.

Standard stero sounded a little disappointing to start with, but after messing with the treble and bass and getting used to it the clarity is actually not bad. The speakers distort with too much bass, sound very farty, but turn the bass down and it actually sounds pretty good. So to conclude, having come from Logic 7 in my E60 it's a big difference, but I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, certainly as bad as the standard system in the E90 or E60 that's for sure. I'm going to pull off the tweeter blanking covers and see if the cable is there. Not desperate though.

Secondly, the ipod connects just fine with the standard computer USB cable.

I'll do a mini review of the car tomorrow, probably a few people interested in the 2.0 twin turbo diesel engine.

i was referring to the in-car vinyl turntable! Scz4, delighted that you have your car. Piccies please and very much looking forward to your mini review. My 530D review is here somewhere if anyone is interested but I have to admit, I haven't seen a reader review of the twin turbo yet so i think a lot of folks will be very interested in what you have to say

Few teaser shots... (apologies about the quality, rubbish phone and awkward lighting)

Amazing how small 19" alloys look!

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

Edited by scz4

I removed the tweeter blanking plates, but sadly there are no wires to plug tweeters into :(

the tweeters come pre-wired, you plug them into a slot/hole near the mids on the back of the door card. smile.png

Good to know, that does ring a bell with the E90 actually.

Not going to rush into anything. But will price up a set of Top Hi-Fi tweeters. Is it worth fitting a matching pair of main door speakers whilst in there, or are they not much better than the standard speakers, more to do with the amp etc.

I'm guessing there isn't a guide online on how to remove door cards from a F10\F11 yet....

I came over from the 14 speaker Lexus Mark Levinson system which was awesome - you didn't need 20-30 minutes to get accustomed to it - it was sensational the first beat. Without doubt one of the best available in any car. The E60 I have now has the worst stereo in any luxury car. Just adding a couple of tweeters would have made all difference at the factory and cost BMW virtually £0. That is penny pinching! After 4 years I still can't believe how naff it is. The base is good, but there's no depth to the sound at all and I wouldn't trust any standard BMW set up again, so it would have to get the upgraded systems.

Audi standard systems are pretty good, MB are slightly better than the BMW ones.

Anyway, I come from a BMW era where you had to pay for a radio so I've never really complained.....until now!

Edited by Ratman

I honestly can't get over how woeful the stereos are in BMW's. If you like music, then you need to get an upgraded sound system in there. The F10 is the best of all the rubbish BMW sound systems there are. I've got the professional Audio in the F02, and it really is a classy system, the F10 and E66 though are awful.

Edited by Del Boy

does anyone know were I can get some tweeter speaker covers for a 525 F11.

Mine just has the std stereo so is missing them and i am keen to upgrade asap

think i have found the part number for covers....

51 33 7 275 779

51 33 7 275 780

are these right ???

and the tweeters are only £14 each

65 139 175 695

Edited by TimG

think i have found the part number for covers....

51 33 7 275 779

51 33 7 275 780

are these right ???

and the tweeters are only £14 each

65 139 175 695

If true, that is extremely cheap. Do these tweeters fit in the front of the door inside the mirror? Are they an easy fit to wire up ie remove the door card?

Thanks.

Yes they are cheap and they do I believe but you need to have the different covers.

Please check 1st incase I am wrong

Oh and they should just fit into the door speakers ..... according to bmw

TimG, from what I investigated, yes the plug into the existing door speakers.

Any idea how much the grills are? This could be a very reasonable upgrade.

I wonder if it's worth fitting\buying Logic 7 tweeters and replacing the main speakers??.

The difficult part will be removing the door cards I'd imagine. If you do this please keep us informed.

Brilliant. Are you going for it?

Just need to find a DIY guide to removing the door card :) Could be worth asking on M5Board for the F10.

Edited by scz4

Yeah gonna have a go and also fit centre mid speakers as I don't think one is fitted.

Is there only six speakers as std ?

Front doors x2

Rear roof 2 +2 tweeters ?

I can't see any in rear doors which surprised me.... anyone know more ??

What do you mean by the centre mid speaker? In the middle of the dash?

I think so, although I have a touring. Plus the subs under each front seat.