Adam E39

Dash says boot is open?

Hi guys, having a problem where the car thinks the boot is always open? Had to take both the bootlights out to save my battery at the moment. Checked the wiring loom where the bootlid connects and all seems fine? And not having any other electrical issues so could it be the (sensor/switch), if so where is it??

Thanks for any help

Adam

Guest netmgr

Hi guys, having a problem where the car thinks the boot is always open? Had to take both the bootlights out to save my battery at the moment. Checked the wiring loom where the bootlid connects and all seems fine?

Adam

Do you mean you have checked inside the flexible tubing?

Guest netmgr

Thanks mate, where is the microswitch? and sorry WDS . .. LCM? Sorry lol

As I said its part of the release catch in the lid

Took all the trim out today in the bootlid to have a better look. Cant find anything that looks suspect at all, I think it must be the wiring tho as I now have an intermittent fog light warning that comes up with the boot warning. Whats the best way to test the loom?

Thanks so far

Adam

I have just dealt with the same problem, well worse actually, my boot stopped opening on the remote, the boot open light came on and one number plate went out so got a warning about that too.

Checked the cables a couple of times in the flexable tube as far as I could see and all look ok, however knew it must of been in there so disconneted the battery and pulled the loom out completely and found 5 cables broken very hard to see as there are so many cables in there.

Ended up rewiring all 15 cables with a new loom patch and all back to how it should be.

Jeff

Just had the same on an e34 that I sold a guy 9 years ago. It was coming up with all sorts or warnings, headlight adjusted whirring, dim boot lights, no reverse lights, boot lock not working etc. The loom was a mes. Had to patch out all 16 wires to cure it.

Guest netmgr

id imagine there would be a connection plug somewhere close to the catch

Mine does the same and won't open on the button on the key or the release in the car :(

I have to unlock it with my key to open it as the boot handle release doesnt work either !!!

Edited by Gazb