andy_ran

Lust4Life's E60 M5 - Taken Ownership off Andy

Well. I picked up the new car today shortly after the E39 left me.

Cut to the chase, here is my first picture of her.....

e60-m5.jpg

Its obviously Grey - IMO the best colour for an E60

69,200 miles
Fully Serviced by BMW - including the 1st running in service
New Clutch & Flywheel fitted by BMW ( October 2010 - 58,509 miles ).
Full Merino Black Leather interior with Anthracite Suede Headlining ( this is an additional extra most at best just have extended leather )
Adaptive sports Multi-Contour Electric headed seats that grip you in corners ( heated rear also )
Professional Sat Nav ( DVD )
Brushed Aluminium trim
Glass Electric Sunroof
Factory Secrecy glass
Logic 7 Hi-Fi with 13 speakers and 6 CD Auto Changer
Parking sensors front and rear
Auto dimming and folding door mirrors
Tracker
Speed Limiter removed - top speed of 205mph.
Adaptive Guide me home bi-Xenon headlights
AutoDimming rear view mirror
Cruise control
Heads up display
Multi CD changer in glove box

The car is in fantastic condition and by far the best one i saw

Things the car didnt have are a TV tuner or Bluetooth so both of these need to retro fitted.

Edited by andy_ran

Yes done about 100 miles today in her. Lovely to drive, much much much faster than the e39 and seems to be more effortless when driving about too :) And averaged 22mpg coming out of London to Kent including some spirited driving so really happy with that.

She is fast, not as fast as my old GTR but real world she is blisteringly fast.

Some of the interior plastics don't feel as well made, things like the grab handles feel cheaper, not so solid.

For what i paid for the car BT and TV is an easy retro fit :) somethings you have to walk away from, the lack of BT although a pain is easy to fix.

Rob, There is no Comms or USB fitted. I MAY go down a Parrot Route, not sure yet....

The car had a BMW warranty that ran out last year. I am honestly in two mind if i take one out. I have 2 very good friends that are BMW techs and its had all the important things done. I have spoken with a lot of people about Warranty or No Warranty and there are 2 very clear camps. the ones with say you must have it but the ones with out say people get blinkered by BMW's inflated warranty claims and realistically they dont really go wrong. Which is the same advice i have been given by both my BMW tech mates.

I cant warranty it for 30 days anyways so we shall see

Edited by andy_ran

1 PIC!!!

looking forward to seeing what you do to this one :)

I will get more at the weekend once its been cleaned to my standards, I am sure the misses will love that

tbh depends on how much warranty is. if its like 200 a month I would save it and not bother as in a year your have 2400 towards if things go wrong 2 years you have 4800 ect but if closer to hundred I would go for it.

tbh depends on how much warranty is. if its like 200 a month I would save it and not bother as in a year your have 2400 towards if things go wrong 2 years you have 4800 ect but if closer to hundred I would go for it.

Indeed. That is what i have to weigh up. Having 2 good friends at different BMW dealerships helps save £££ too

If it's got not comms or USB mate, Dension gateway could be the way to go. I'll dig tonight.

Iike the look of this a LOT. Think i will get one

very nice car, would love one, but cannot justify at at mo as currently in midfle of house restoration. but love it