ttrw2

Titanium E39 2002 530d Manual Sport Touring

Car's had a small rest past couple of weeks as the Girlf was going to place's for work on the train, so took the opportunity to change the engine oil/filter yesterday and today changed the PAS fluid....

I do this by sucking out as much as I can from the reservoir (just over 0.5L) topping up, then repeated after the car had been out. Replaced with red ATF and it has stayed clear since I last did the change 2 years ago:

AE132FE7-5E1A-41EF-8DE8-DEFEDD649A77_zps

Rear brakes up next!

New rear brakes today @ 227k miles. The ones that came off were original, still with plenty of life!

And have the arches/suspension it's customary Bi-annual scrub - aluminium suspension looks great when cleaned up!

3EA65CC4-647E-47F3-BC56-1BA31F4DAE92_zps

Seriously? Original rear brakes? I just replaced all mine and I am pretty sure the set that were removed was the 2nd set of rear discs and pads according to the history of the car and that was at 151k miles. I got new handbrake shoes too, but the handbrake still needs to be readjusted as the lever is way to high? Get that resolved at it's next interim service.

Good to see yours is still racking up the miles.

Just been all the way through this from the start - really enjoyable read.

Sorry for resurrecting it from May - hope you haven't sold up and moved on yet.

Edited by Quackers24

Ha, thanks mate. She's still here - girlf bought a V70 D5 in May meaning I've only been using it for bits and bobs locally, accruing a grand total of 300 miles since May!

So it is with a sad heart that I've decided to sell in the new year. I'll put a new MOT on it and give it a service (as have all the bits), then she's going up for sale.

What do people think she's worth? I literally have no idea where to place her.

A brief list of important bits:

2002 530d Manual Sport Touring

227k miles

Will have 12 months MOT

Pretty much all mechanicals done - all suspension replaced (dampers, airsprings, links), brakes, rear subframe bushes, etc etc. Engine oil every 7k on average, diff and gearbox every year.

Both fuel pumps, turbo, alternator, headlights, prop donut/guibo, MID pixels all done.

Goodyear F1s on rear, Bridgestone Potenzas up front, 6mm or so all round. Staggered.

Evolve remap

Short shift

EGR delete and bypass

Eibach front ARB

M5 rear ARB

M5 leather centre console

Parrot

Anyone have a clue please say as I'll be putting up in a month or so. Cheers -

I would say it's still worth about £1700 all day long if not even slightly more. Look at the crap that sells on ebay with similar miles and yours is a proper looked after car. Ready to drive away, especially if you put a year's ticket on it too.

I am sure it will sell Rob and hopefully someone from here might buy it?

Greig.

Great example Rob, unfortunatley its the miles that put people off.

I paid £2200 for a standard example 530d sport saloon @ 180k last month, I would expect yours to sell for around the same if not a little more, expecially as it has a few desirable modifications.

Amazing thread, been massively into E39s for a few years although I've never owned one, had E90s, E65 and F32 presently.  Would be interested if this ever goes up for sale as a 2nd car for cruising!

Had her out at the weekend to prep for MOT. Not much to report other than a decent snow foam and wash and to write a list - looks like the rear brake lines will need doing for this MOT so that's top of the list!

Nice to see her out though after a 5-6 months in hibernation!

3A34D68F-8EDD-4F7C-AB90-0F5BDB5E0D37_zps

Blimey another 6+ months gone owning her. Not much to report, used very rarely now since we bought the V70. Gave her a really good scrub-up the weekend before last in prep for winter....

13A21C5E-76DF-4B56-AEA7-C9227B53A58C_zps

853EF66A-1589-40FC-93FB-C25498BA94C3_zps

Nowt much else to add. When the weather gets too crap for the M5 I'll probably use this as it has winter tyres and I'm less bothered about hedging it than the M5!

On 2/8/2017 at 10:45 PM, reckless said:

Hi, just wondering if you still have this car, and if so if you are interested in selling it. Sent you pm 

Hmm, tumbleweed :( anyone know if this car is in fact sold? I need to upgrade my auto se as pictured!  I sent ttrw2 a pm but maybe they aren't active these days..

DSC_0366.JPG

Sorry mate, missed this. Seems like the forum was playing-up at the start of the year.

Yes still have the car, and whilst not used very often, is staying put for the mo as for what she's worth I can't be bothered to part with her for.  

Still looked after though!

0885E5AA-0DCD-46FF-A63B-779A57649A21_zps

Cheers, that's a better answer than already sold! Just to bear in mind - you'd probably get a few more quid from me when it does come to selling, as you can't get a manual sport touring in Ireland. 

Hey pal, Just given this a full read and what a great read this has been. 

I've got myself an E39 530D Msport touring too and its inspired me to be a little more proactive with my maintenance and modding :)

Sad to see you wanting to sell it, hope it goes to worth while owner

Thanks bud, car's still here! For what she's worth I can't be bothered to move on whilst I have the space.

When I get a few mins will sort the images out as have them uploaded on imgur now

Cheers,
Rob