madoktopus

Hi gang, heres my new E39

Hi Guys,

Thought I would say hello and intoroduce myself and the new whip. I'll probably copy and paste this if I start a journal.

Richard, 23 live on the Kent / London border work in finance.

First car: E36 coupe 316i manual stahlblau (Standard)

Second: E36 coupe 328i manual stahlblau (Light OEM+ modification) for sale...

Third: E39 saloon 530i manual topaz blue:

5302.jpg

5303.jpg

5301.jpg

5304.jpg

so about the new beemer:

Firstly, I think the car is a sport replica as there is no mention of sport on the logbook and the steering wheel is... odd. Will get some interior pics shortly. But the conversion looks to have used genuine parts so i'm not complaining - perhaps you giuys can clarify that. Otherwise in very good condition - only bad points that I have found so far is a few rust bubbles in the petrol cap area under the flap, laquer peeling on steering wheel and armrest and cracked OBC buttons. I'm sure there will be other faults yet though... .

84k with full BMW service History

Angel eye rings have been replaced by previous for "white/blue tinge" as opposed to standard "white/yellow"

soon to go on private number plate R88 FAL

Hope to fit short shift kit as I find gearchanges sloppy compared to the 328, and will probably give the car some light modification. For example, first on my list is to replace the walnut trim for piano glass black items.

Other than that, I hope to learn a lot on here and contribute where I can :mrgreen:

Welcome Richard to the forum. A great place to be. Nice looking E39, I can't say if it's a sport or not as I am into E34 I am sure someone will be along to comment in that. Maybe will see you at one of the meets

Hi there

Nice car. If it has a four spoke steering wheel and grey roof lining it's an SE with Sport bumpers retrofitted. There were some Sports specified with grey lining but I can't recall any with the so called 'bus' wheel!

Anyway Sport or not it doesn't matter, you've got a great starting point there for a little project.

Chris

Looks lovely. Makes me want to go out and give mine a clean!!

I have a set of those wheels (Style 66's) in the garage. Whenever I look at them on my car I think they're too small, but on yours they look just right! Bizarre.. Maybe it's just the camera angles!

Mine is a genuine sport but it doesnt say that on the log book. I only know because i got the build sheet from bmw. Steering wheel could be a bum sterr (excuse the pin) because it might have been swapped by a previous owner. Get some interior pics up and we'll be able to tell you one way or another.

Sport or not it looks nice though!

Welcome!! Cracking car that! Mine isnt a sport either butnim only missing the headlining and "sport" in the log book too! Weel, there are probably a few other things but it doesnt matter to me!! :D

Your car looks to be sitting nicely too.. Didn the previous owner fit sports shocks/springs too?

welcome mate

Uve came to to right place for info regarding ur car there's not much they don't no between the members so im sure all ur questions will be answered :wink:

Nice choice of car to mate some Interior pics would be nice to :wink:

Welcome matey, as above clean car!

I assume the parking sensors and the headlamp cleaners work? Looks stock or factory fitted to me! Saw an E60 M-Sport with an SE steering wheel due a low speed bump and airbags going off. So could be something similar, also, does it have Sport seats?

Thanks for the kind words guys, as requested:

530new2.jpg

530new1.jpg

Will get some more up soon! As we can see there are a few niggles, but nothing major. Overall its in good nick! :D Hope theres a meet my way soon.

Piper - Hard to see in the pics but it has a dark grey roof lining - but not quite black (no sunroof). Fire extenigusher and full first aid kit. Sadly does not have ski port, bag or kiddies booster seats. Also you can see the steering wheel is not the same as the sport one in the manual.

Bm_Sjo - In the flesh i think the car needs a slight drop and slightly bigger wheels - the pics make them looking better than they are. They need a refurb after the winter too.

Dimsum - i coudn't tell you about the springs im not sure how to tell - this is the first e39 ive driven in.

D-boy - i think the headlamp washers work but the line connecting them has come loose so instead they spray on the floor under the bumper :x the front and rear parking sensors do work. I'm not sure about sports seats, they look different to the sports seats i had in my E36. will need more pics...

dan mkII - what a pleasant suprise! we will have to organise a mini photoshoot / chat so you can tell me what i'm doing wrong! I live on a road thats connects the park next to Fanny on the Hill pub with upper wickham lane (opposite Elsa Road). The E36 is parked on the drive until i decide what to do with it. Can PM an exact address.

Hi mate, that is the correct steering wheel for the year and the seats as far as i can see! Also there were a few which didnt have a black headling and no mention of sport on the logbook! But im sure someone will give you a bit more info!

Bm_Sjo - In the flesh i think the car needs a slight drop and slightly bigger wheels - the pics make them looking better than they are. They need a refurb after the winter too.

I actually raised the rear of mine a bit due to a bit of excess weight in the boot! I'd say the rear now is slightly higher than OEM sport, which I think gives the car a better stance. I don't really like cars on the deck personally, gives a crap ride and less grip.

Your steering wheel is the same type I have in my sport (auto).

Hi Piper - I did see those but your so far away! if you were closer i woudl suggest a swap + cash your way