tooth_dr

New Member with Imola Red E39 M5

Hi Everyone

I'm glad to finally find a UK based five series forum.

I've had my 2003 E39 M5 for seven months now, and love every second of ownership.

She's completely standard in every way, but hopefully I can do some very minor mods over the next few months.

I'm going to get the backboxes removed next week, and then have a look at the ride height in due course.

I've attached a few images of the car, after she got a good detailing of the paintwork, as it had seen a few car washes in it's time I'd say!

Thanks again

Adam

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr

Cheers all for the comments and a warm welcome to the forum. Stealthy, rapid progress to work with minimal fuss, that's how I look at it :) but I've always wanted just a wee bit more volume, so a 'muffler delete' is lined up. Open to suggestions of course.

Cheers all for the comments and a warm welcome to the forum. Stealthy, rapid progress to work with minimal fuss, that's how I look at it :) but I've always wanted just a wee bit more volume, so a 'muffler delete' is lined up. Open to suggestions of course.

Do it! It was the best thing i ever did to mine. Depending on where they put the Y means the car will be louder or quieter. My Y on each side is as far back as possible and it makes the car loud on WOT (no drone on normal driving)

I have heard cars with the Y on each side right near the tips and these are much more muted in comparison

Whoever you are, I hate you. I hope you stand on an up-turned plug every morning in bare feet.

That Sir is my new favourite E39 on the forum!!

Edited by Zildjian

Delicious, as you may have guessed, we are an appreciative bunch, slightly carnivorous, but friendly.

As you are probably aware, Imola Red is a big vote winner, twinned with an E39 M5, well, that's just ....... delicious :D

Lol thanks for all the great comments. It's nice to get a good welcome to a new forum, super to feel so welcome. I'm a proper five series fanatic, admittedly the more modern ones tickle my fancy, but I love all BMWs really, and no I'm not a badge snob :eek:

CheekyAlison - yes I'll attach a few interior shots below, and of course my favourite 'engine bay' shot.

Zildjian - yeah, that was a good guess!

My 'long standing' commuter - in her fourth year now, going strong, 122000 miles, 520d. I've just moved jobs so no more travelling, so the M5 will be my daily driver and this little gem will sadly be going to a new home. She is looking pretty clean for 2006, that's how I like to keep 'em :mrgreen:

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

f9f8e26c.jpg

front-seats.jpg

rear-bench.jpg

DSCF2672-1.jpg

I know what your saying, but after hearing many deletes on YouTube I'm addicted to the sound. I'm gonna get the exhaust work made reversible so that I can refit the originals and still look OEM-ish.

That was my thoughts with the exhaust, Its easily reversible should you want too. Just make sure you get a GOOD exhaust shop to make it up

You wouldnt know mine had been done until its next to a standard car or you listen to her