Sign in to follow this  
jonathanc

Aux Heater (again)

Hi All

Newbie alert so apologies for the dumb questions !!

I have just broght a 2001 530d which is fantastic. I believe all E39 diesels come with the auxiliary heater. Reading the manual (first car i have read the manual as its soooo complicated!) I notice that if you have the Sat Nav and High OBC there is an option to set a timer to start the aux heater. This would be fantastic however when I get into the area on the OBC that you can set the timers, I only have aux ventialtion available not aux heating. I read on BMWLand this is a setting disabled on UK cars - does anyone know if this can be enabled and how?

Thanks

Jonathan

'ello.

I think BMWLand are way ahead on this - most of us only clicked about having the aux heater after reading about it there!

....and the mystery of the thumping rabbit/heartbeat noise behind the dash was solved! :wacko:

I must admit that mine seems pretty quiet ( but maybe I don't have one - that would explain a lot ...hmmm!)

I couldn't see an answer on the bmwland forum either, shame it would be a really cool (or hot) to get the heater to come on 20 minutes before getting in the car. Maybe my local indy has an answer, I'll try them tomorrow,

Cheers

One a cold day (lower than 5C) it will fire once you turn the ignition on. Turn ignition off and listen to the whine/roar noise from the passenger front side, switches itself off after 5 mins. Nice to see a plume of smoke on occasions too! :D

One a cold day (lower than 5C) it will fire once you turn the ignition on. Turn ignition off and listen to the whine/roar noise from the passenger front side, switches itself off after 5 mins. Nice to see a plume of smoke on occasions too! :D

Yep, I definitely have the aux heater - it was cold enough today for it to kick in. Just need to get this timer thing sorted - I am really hoping it is just a software mod and not something more fundamental. I remember reading a review of installting the remote start up module on bmwland and it mentioned changing a loom that also connected the heater to the OBC - this implied the cables are there, just needs enabling.

If I have any luck I'll let you know as I can't be the only one that would like this.

Let us know if you have any luck..... I am desperate to get tihs enabled but: 1. The dealer doesn't know what I am talking about.... 2. Webasto cannot help because BMW GB won't let them!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!

It is all mentioned in the BMW Manual that it should all be there as part of the aux ventilation control... but it isn't.... BMW must be able to enable this. I am going to take it up with the $tealer if no one else can help!