donut

Classifieds

New Classifieds module or old forums based system   76 members have voted

1. 1. It seems since we listened to members feedback and bought a dedicated classifieds module this has now caused more issues, so which classifieds system do you prefer?

• New classifieds module where members can ask questions and OP can control answers
    • Old forums based system where members can ask free for all questions, comments etc

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

79 posts in this topic

Old forum subsections recreated.

Access to new classifieds module restricted - please start recreating your adverts in the forum subsections as I'll be disabling the 'new' classifieds module in a few days time.

Just moved my test account into the traders group and I can see all the links - have you tried cleaning your browsers cache?

Donut - a big thank you for sorting out the new module originally, and for the doing the work to reinstate the old version - I know it takes a load of your time to sort out, and it's really appreciated.

Likewise, I want to say thankyou for at least trying the new system. I appreciate the effort and cost involved in experimenting with a new design. We will never progress if we do not try new things - in this case, the new thing wasn't progress (IMO) but we can always try again!

I liked the new layout, it was easy to use and uncluttered

I also like the old layout too

If the new layout had the ability to reply to the advert like a thread then it would of been best of both worlds - Maybe one for IPBoard to think about?

It's worth following up on this so that you (Mssr Donut) know if what you're doing is working, and I have to say, in the couple of days since swapping back over, I feel have had about twice as much interest generated as the module system, and while that hasn't all been translated into sales yet (give me time!), it is at least much better in terms of exposure, and that is VITAL as any trader will agree.

So thanks!

On the flip side, we've also had more in-thread bun fights and complaints since moving back to the old system too...

Bun fights will always happen, it's just part of the selling process on any car forum I find.

As for SSKoda mentioning more interest in the original layout - this is true, I had no interest at all in an item in the new modular style but with the old layout returning interest has been positive in the item :)

On the flip side, we've also had more in-thread bun fights and complaints since moving back to the old system too...

Have missed the handbags at dawn. They should maybe be moved to handbags at 3pm to tie in with when I get up some days.

Has it been moderated out or am I just blind?

Bun fights are half the reason I read the classifieds!

Thanks for moving it back donut, It feels right now.

You're a bit late!

;)

Good choice Donut to move back I think, another plus is I can see the classifieds via tapatalk again.

Exposure is really important to a site, but of course so is credibility, so making the page visible while not only looking as if it is for advertising is very important. I think maybe moving it back was a good idea as it makes the forum more usable (therefore not only an advertising space).

donut, i cant seem to place an add it the wheels and tyres section ! ??? !

How do I sell on this forum? As I can't create a new thread for sale in the cars section.

You need to get the gold membership.

G.

How does this new super duper classifieds section translate onto Tapatalk?

Only reason I ask is that's my main access to the forum at the moment as I have no home pc...

I haven't actually seen the real site in weeks, if not months lol