donut

Classifieds

New Classifieds module or old forums based system  

76 members have voted

1. 1. It seems since we listened to members feedback and bought a dedicated classifieds module this has now caused more issues, so which classifieds system do you prefer?

• New classifieds module where members can ask questions and OP can control answers
    • Old forums based system where members can ask free for all questions, comments etc

Afternoon!

Another change to the forum is the new classifieds module - all new adverts need to use the new module.

Existing adverts & sections will stay in place until the current adverts expire - posting of new threads has been disabled but replies to existing threads are still enabled.

Any issues with the new classifieds module, please let me know!

Just tried to list a part in the "parts and breakers" section of this new module and I get the following error after clicking on next to select the catagory

[#20CFDM2004] There are no listing packages available.

Yup I know about the small icons for those themes - I've flagged it to the modules author.

EDIT: Manually hacked until the author comes up with a neater solution

We'll get there, hopefully now the reason for moving to the new platform is starting to make sense to people :D

Only a couple of things left now, new site banner/logo & a new module to reply to posts directly as PMs - both have feelers out for briefs/costs :)

I am glad to see the feedback us back shame we have list all the previous history but there it is.

My only comment on feedback is we do not get notification when feedback is received as in the old system.

As for the classified it's good to see and the improvements I am sure will make it all the better.

I've been talking with the developer of the feedback module, we may be able to convert formats yet - it's something we're looking into to see if its viable.

Feedback converted, and it seems notifications are possible

There is a notification for feedback, it should be enabled in the Notification Options as an inline-notification (so they may not see it), if that doesn't work....

Known Issues

• Feedback Notification options may not save, to remedy this you will need to log into your ACP, search for 'Notification options', click to go to the page. Save the form without any alterations. (This is an open bug report with IPS)

Correct. You can PM questions or ask public questions which the seller can choose to answer publicly.

BUMP! Seems people don't read announcements and aren't using the new module as I've had several PMs over last few days.

BUMP! Seems people don't read announcements and aren't using the new module as I've had several PMs over last few days.

BUMP!

So far im not a fan. I have posted quite a few things for sale including a 540 manual breaking and i havent had one reply normally with in a week a post would be on 2 pages.

I havent had one reply to any of my ads at all.

also the topics are quite big so within 1 day your item is off page one and there is no way to bump it.

hopefully it will pick up but at the moment it sucks unless its just me.

We just cant win! We listen to feedback from the members who'd rather not have their ads commented on and go out and buy a classifieds module and now we have the opposite problem!

Hopefully it's a transient thing while people figure out how to use the module - questions can still be asked but the OP has the opportunity to reply or not.

Separate area for traders maybe? Personally, there's nothing more annoying than seeing an old advert I didn't care about the first time being bumped back up to the top of the list. You can't do it on eBay, AT or PH, so why should you be able to here?

But if you're paying to advertise then why not have a Traders section where they can keep re-adding the adverts?

Well after a few weeks when we have got new feature running I'll add my comments.

Generally I think old format worked a lot better. It's not related to navigation issue (people can't find it) which also is in minus but rather to a lack of interest from potential buyers. We know it's a hard time, financially speaking but I've got a feeling it looks now like dan said PH or egay classified and this what's bad in it. Why?

Current format makes all new ads looking very ANONYMOUS.

We aren't an auction site and suddenly all forum members lost their chance to comment in good, old fashioned forum way on any part, car, wheel, etc.

I'm wonder if all that change was due to a ONE member who doesn't like comments(!), is he even a trader? Just asking.

Wouldn't it better to ask anybody, make a poll or whatever at the first step?

Edited by Zackpl

Im not trying to be negative i like change and realise it has to happen but when its affecting my business i need to say something.

I cant really see how a breaking advert can work in the classifieds.

To be perfectly honest if i want to use classifieds id use Gumtree this classified module feels a bit like change for changes sake. I know in the long run it will all work out great but just now im not a fan.

If its just me then fair enough ill take it on the chin. Anyone else esp traders have anything to add?

I cant really see how a breaking advert can work in the classifieds.

You advertise a car for breaking, people send questions for the bits they want, you reply. Questions and answers can be made public, so it's just like having a thread, without it being bumped to the top every time someone asks a question.

Not much different to the old way, surely?

Thanks for that dan :mrgreen:

im aware of how it will work but the old way was better as i could update it with what was gone ect.

Plus breaking a whole car takes time as your know and 1 day on page one of the classifieds isnt really enough time. hence the need for bumping.

im aware of how it will work but the old way was better as i could update it with what was gone ect.

You have the ability to edit ads so you can still update whats available/gone...