Raymond

E39 Electric Memory Seat Install Guide 'How to' PIC HEAVY

Iv wired everything under the car and I have not chopped anything. but now I need to find out how can I get it sorted so the drivers side doesnt run live all the time?

Chi.

Either run the +ve through switched ignition or wire it in like above and it'll be cut when the car goes to sleep 16 minutes after locking the car. It also get power back as soon as you press the unlock button or open the car with the key.

Right, a little update :mrgreen:

Obviously I wasn't satisfied with the yellow connectors to the K72 and the non colour coded wiring as it's not OEM so started again and gave the K72 a seat :wink:

HPIM1369.jpg

Now seated as OEM and not cable tied 8)

HPIM1370.jpg

Looking good 8) (Even though you can't see it when the dash is back in place) :roll::lol:

HPIM1372.jpg

Edited by Raymond

That write up was great :grin:

As a matter of interest....My 2002 e39 530i se auto has these memory seats.

The bottom piece of plastic trim on the Drivers seat, that houses the seat multifunction switches is broken!

Does anybody know if I will have to remove the Drivers seat to fix this.....and would anyone know how much this piece of plastic trim may cost...£30 ??

That write up was great :grin:

As a matter of interest....My 2002 e39 530i se auto has these memory seats.

The bottom piece of plastic trim on the Drivers seat, that houses the seat multifunction switches is broken!

Does anybody know if I will have to remove the Drivers seat to fix this.....and would anyone know how much this piece of plastic trim may cost...£30 ??

About £20 from the dealer. I think it is a seat out job but can't say 100%

27 quid plus vat from dealer but it'll be easier to tilt or take the seat out as some of the plastick rivets are an arse.

Don't foret the bolt right near the back. You have to put the backrest totally flat to get to it.

27 quid plus vat from dealer but it'll be easier to tilt or take the seat out as some of the plastick rivets are an arse.

Don't foret the bolt right near the back. You have to put the backrest totally flat to get to it.

Thanks for the advice....How may bolts does this Drivers seat have?

Another thing :wink: ...I understand there are 4 torx bolts (I don't know the size) holding the runners to the floor.

Do I have to

1)move the Electric seat forward & remove the 2 rear torx.

2)Move the Electric seat Backward & remove the 2 front torx

3)Disconnect the battery...leave it for 1 hour ...

4)Unclip the electric control cables (So as NOT to disturb the air bags).

OR

Forget the unclipping of the control cables and just move the seat around a little in sitU

Thanks Dennis :rolleyes:

Another thing :wink: ...I understand there are 4 torx bolts (I don't know the size) holding the runners to the floor.

Do I have to

1)move the Electric seat forward & remove the 2 rear torx.

2)Move the Electric seat Backward & remove the 2 front torx

3)Disconnect the battery...leave it for 1 hour ...

4)Unclip the electric control cables (So as NOT to disturb the air bags).

OR

Forget the unclipping of the control cables and just move the seat around a little in sitU

Thanks Dennis :rolleyes:

Missed your post :oops:

Yeah, exactly as you describe above but you only have to wait 20 mins after disconnecting the battery.

Hey,

nice job on the documentation there. Haven't been on the forum for a while, so didn't spot the thread before.

I was looking for the pin out diagram for the relay, as I'm using the spare relay that came with my the interior I stuck into my Touring in another car (not a BMW, but to shut down a set of E34 M5 seats :) ). You write-up was the first that gave me a usable pin out.

/M

I'm off tomorrow as it happens. You'll have to pop round here though.

Postcode for tomtom is 2804 ZP. Holland haha

Back in UK after 8 sept if you want to travel up to Yorkshire?

Hi, this is my first post and I would like to start of by introducing my self. I have a e39 525d sport avus blue. I'm in the process of retro fitting the m5 interior. I need help with the wiring to get the front seats operational.

The car itself isn't prewired so I'm guessing I will need the wiring harness out of a donor m5. I'm not really fussed about the mem function as long as I get the electric and heated side of things to work.

Any advice or better yet is there anyone who can do the wiring for me? I'm based in Birmingham.

Thanks in advance.

You don't need a wiring harness or loom for the seat power. You need a positive feed and a negative feed. Do remember though that the drivers seat will use a little bit of power at all times so if you don't drive the car enough you'll be experiencing flat batteries from time to time..

The heated part of the seats you can actually buy a retrofit loom and is pretty easy to install.

Thanks for the info. I managed to sourse the loom out of a donor m5 just waiting for it to arrive. It should also include the wiring fo the memory function to work.

Do u know of someone who can do the wiring for me as the write up is Gud but a bit beyond me.

Honestly can't wait for it to be in and functional! Lol

Thanks for the info. I managed to sourse the loom out of a donor m5 just waiting for it to arrive. It should also include the wiring fo the memory function to work.

Do u know of someone who can do the wiring for me as the write up is Gud but a bit beyond me.

If I had memory function will that cut the power off to the driver seat after a set time?

Also how far back will I need the wiring?