Raymond

E39 Electric Memory Seat Install Guide 'How to' PIC HEAVY

Hi guys,

Sorry for the ultimate thread revival.

I am contemplating doing the comfort seat retrofit into my 2001 530D with manual seats.

This is the go-to thread for all the information required for the swap, however, due to the age of the thread, some of the pictures have been moved. 

Does anybody have a pdf document with the comprehensive instructions for the retrofit?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Yusuf

Hi

I've installed everything I just wanted to ask does the memory work without coding as my memory buttons don't work. I'm going to get the cable and software soon to code them.

Does this mean that I've wired it wrong or it just needs coding?

Thanks guys

4 minutes ago, Qasimahmed said:

Hi

I've installed everything I just wanted to ask does the memory work without coding as my memory buttons don't work. I'm going to get the cable and software soon to code them.

Does this mean that I've wired it wrong or it just needs coding?

Thanks guys

I've never had to code anything and it's all worked first time 

Morning kids.

I'm getting a  lot of PM's regarding my install guides and that the photobucket pictures won't show due to photobucket's policy.

I have moved to a different host but moving all pictures and then hotlinking them will take a lot of time, which I do not have at the moment.

In the mean time please download the photobucket fix plugin for Firefox or Chrome

Firefox sickbucket fix

Chrome sickbucket fix

On 6/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, Andi Andu said:

Hi folks. I cant see any pic on this post... Can someone update the image that are here??? Thnx... Raymond great post....Thnx  

Postimg has changed from .org to .cc.

Invision has a workaround to automatically change from .org to .cc and it has been implemented on many forums so expect this to work on here soon also.

In the mean time, you can click on a picture and change the URL from .org. to .cc

I have spent hours on end to port all my pictures from photobucket to postimg and I simply do not have the time to do this all again sorry.