Splondike

Splondike's M535i Project

Ohhhh that looks exciting. 10 psi area then ;).... I bet it will go very well. Is it going to be fitted with a large intercooler ?....

Hopefully Duncan, you (and the rest of us) will get to (briefly) see what it looks like at Marham as it vanishes into the distance in front of you with the good ship 172 is hot pursuit!

We shall see ;)

Can't wait to see it mark and chat over whats been done!

Hopefully Duncan, you (and the rest of us) will get to (briefly) see what it looks like at Marham as it vanishes into the distance in front of you with the good ship 172 is hot pursuit!

We shall see ;)

Ok Dunc, it was quick enough before to for me to get past you at Bedford last time out :P The only other time you overtook me was when I took an excursion at Brands :lol: Another 100 or so bhp and lb ft should help me come off more often and give you a chance I suppose :wink::lol:

Did you get a custom head gasket laser cut from steel (stainless or otherwise)?

Only a low boost setup for now Brynn, so sticking with the standard setup initially as I am not chasing massive numbers as the chassis is not up to in tbh, around 300 bhp will be plenty as those of us who track them can attest to. I am intending to drive it, not show off about how much power it has and do burnouts and donuts :lol: If it goes bang I will do something different with my spare lump.

Ohhhh that looks exciting. 10 psi area then ;).... I bet it will go very well. Is it going to be fitted with a large intercooler ?....

I am only having around 8 psi, the setup will be wheezing ! I am going to run an intercooler and re-routing the inlet manifold ala Alpina setups to stop heat build up and lag.

Thanks for the interest all, and I will hopefully be able to give some more updates each week.

Yep high. Space on the exhaust side is at a premium due to the steering box on these. It's why the Alpina turbos are all left hand drive and the yanks turbo every bmw in sight :lol:

That will look special! Two turbo's just sitting there saying hello

We shall see ;)

Ok Dunc, it was quick enough before to for me to get past you at Bedford last time out :P The only other time you overtook me was when I took an excursion at Brands :lol: Another 100 or so bhp and lb ft should help me come off more often and give you a chance I suppose :wink::lol:

:lol: I let you past ;) TBH brands isn't the right place for 'our' cars to shine.

Certainly at Marham or the straight at bedford you'll certainly see the difference - 172, gets another 20mph on mine down the straight at Marham so i'd expect you to be seeing 150 on the straight - you'll run out of revs to go any faster (assuming its still running the DL?)

I'll bring the 330d to give you a chance :P

May ditch the D/L before the torque kills it and it has some value..., the ratios would not be ideal for the new setup anyway. Still thinking about this.

Your going to love it! :D

300+bhp in an e28 is more than enough.....I no! :lol:

I spoke to the chaps that are doing your conversion about 5 years ago when I was trying to decide what to do with my old 2.8 motor :D

Great to see someone going another way on the tuning front. Cannot wait to see it. Might have a race as well! :lol:

I might be able to keep up know I have my 6 speed box :D

You are going renew all of the rubber in the rear axle I take it? I no your not thick so I will take that as a given.

You are going renew all of the rubber in the rear axle I take it? I no your not thick so I will take that as a given.

All renewed recently Shaun. I am hoping it works out ok, we'll see.

Andrew I will pm you.

A pair of Garret T25s, that is the plan Malc, should be a decent spread of power and torque. Will not actually know until we tune it up on the dyno. A day I am looking forward to, I just want to hear how it sounds !

Are you going with some sort of standalone injection system or are you getting it to run on Motronic 1.0. Just really curious

I have a pair of Triumph 2.5 SUs in my shed actually... :lol:

Are you going with some sort of standalone injection system or are you getting it to run on Motronic 1.0. Just really curious

It will be Motronic or Megasquirt, I think the maestro is going to try the motronic and if we aren't happy it will end up standalone.

I'm looking forward to the first showing of this long awaited E28 M535i Biturbo

A day I am looking forward to, I just want to hear how it sounds !

Vroom .....Vroom.....clatter, clatter.............BANG,

Picture the scene, Only Fools and Horses episode where Del (Splondike) having just found out that the love of his life, Raquel is a stripper, climbs into the Reliant Regal, after Rodney has been chased in it by the local hooligans, turns the key and............. :roll: see you friday night Mark, I'll wear my armour!! :P

article-0-0001C74700000258-605_468x299.jpg

I have a pair of Triumph 2.5 SUs in my shed actually... :lol:

It will be Motronic or Megasquirt, I think the maestro is going to try the motronic and if we aren't happy it will end up standalone.

A Unichip would sort this side easily (and quickly)

Piers, he knows his stuff and if unichip is an option it will be in the melting pot.

Dennis, ta mate :wink:

Jamie, Who are the hooligans, team burger :?:

See you tomorrow

A quick update, not much progress on the car although there is slim hope of getting it back this month !

I did pick up a trinket from Sepia last week which I am really pleased with (thanks matey). With the new setup most of will be on display. I will get the modified inlet manifold done the same way as soon as I get my hands on it !

Camcover003.JPGCamcover004.JPG