sleeper

Leather/vinly Scuffmaster Kits

102 posts in this topic

I see John,

thanks for sorting this out and rushing me a replacement.

Hopefully the dye will arrive tomorrow but if not no worries, I'll just have to put my feet up in the garden and have a beer :) .

Hi Mark,

just to let you know its been posted, and marked for saturday delivery.

Ive been told it will arrive tomorrow for you.

John was as good as his word and, as promised, the replacement dye arrived this morning.

Following a tweak using the provided toner and a test piece, the seats were recoloured panel by panel and are now done.

The finish is fantastic, the surface of the leather looks like new and I am over the moon !

I would not hesitate to order again from John and Bespoke Leathering who showed a genuine interest in sorting out a problem VERY quickly indeed, which is something so sadly lacking in todays commercial world and when you consider that this problem was not even of their making but the fault of their supplier that counts for so much more. Well done. :)

Guys, if you've got worn, tired dirty seats or just a scuff in the usual areas then these kits are terrific. Easy to use, they give a very rewarding finish and are excellent value.

:D

Cheers John.

Mark V8

Any pics to show the results ? I'd be interested to know if this dyeing process brought back an original matte sheen to the seats. Mines not bad, but best to keep on top of these things ..

It makes the seats look like new, as long as the prep work is done very well then you get a very soft, smooth leather which looks great.. And you get to choose the colour!

I'll post some pics tomorrow.....

I only wish I'd have taken some 'befores' as the transformation was stunning.

The bolster was quite scuffed, very rough and had lost the coloured surface over an area like the palm of your hand, the worst on any car I've ever had.

TBH I didn't think this stuff would cut the mustard. I'm pleased to say I was wrong :)

I'm feeding with conditioner twice a day so I'm expecting a slight variation in the final finish, but they still look like new and 'matt' with a hint of sheen.

A 100% improvement for £14 !

I want to second that.

Got a kit from bespoke to do my badly worn beige leather. Did the whole lot and they look like new!

Will post a few pics on here when I get the chance. But can honestly say that any used car I get with leather will be getting redone with one of these kits.

They are very easy to use and give a finish that is equal to the original even on areas where the colour has completely worn through like my drivers side bolster.

Hi John

I need to take your advice.

I'd like to restore the seats in my recently acquired E36 328i Cabriolet (Chassis Number ET52396). Firstly, I'm not sure of the colour and secondly I'm not sure which kit to order from you.

I'd like to end up with the best possible finish so I'm thinking along the lines of the full restoration kit with the spray kit but would like to hear your recommendation first.

I've uploaded some photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/done/?b=1311693379-1311693514-59675090@N04

Many thanks.

Derin

Edited by derin100

Hi Derin.

The colour of your leather is silver grey light P8TH.

Its the common colour for th e36 without Nappa leather. Another code which is the same is P7TH

P7/P8 is the body type and TH is the actual colour.

Spraying the dye is by far the best method. Once preparation and masking is complete you can dye a full interior within a few hours…and sit on it.

Spraying is also more economical with the dye. Sponging the dye on is also ok but takes a lot longer and you do tend to use more dye and the coats are less even, although if you apply thin coats the results will be just as good.

Ive just finished spraying a set of vaders and the results are perfect

Preparation is key, get this right and you will be happy with the spraying results.

Ive tried to look at the pictures but its asking me to open an account?

You can send pictures to sales@bespokeleathering.com and ill have a look at them in the morning.

john

Gents, did anyone ever get round to talking pics of their seats?

John, my E39 M5 has the black and grey/silver? combo leather, what would you need from me to work out the correct colour/shade?

Cheers

n

Hi Nick

I will need the colour code, im thinking yours may be N6TT

If you contact bmw parts department with your chassis number they will be able to tell you the colour and also provide you with a code.

john

Darn I wish I had found this posting before.  Just had lunch with Anils and he put me onto you.  Ohhh well you live and learn.

65ml Leather dye ... £15.00*  for colour code N6TT if you would pm me your paypal details I will pay you.  Thanks.

Frank C

Hi guys, what would be the best kit to fully refurbish two front seats in e39 champaign leather? I'm not sure if there are different shades or not?

The drivers seat needs a full do over and the passenger seat mainly doing just so it looks as new as the drivers?

I don't want to run out half way thru either. I will probably be using a air gun as I have hear these give good results and are relatively easy to use without getting any run of or miss match? What would you guys reccomend?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Niall

Yes spraying give great OEM finishes

Light colour do use more dye as anything your going to cover will always be darker

There are shade variations especially with light colours.

If you look at the leather piece that's not see sun or use you will see its different to that on the faces of the leather.

We can mix from file or you can send a small sample of your leather so we know its 100% match

I would be looking at a 500ml dye with cleaner

500ml should be enough for both seats, the drivers will use more than the passenger as it used more and sees more wear.

Justin.. likes this

Hi Niall

Yes spraying give great OEM finishes

Light colour do use more dye as anything your going to cover will always be darker

There are shade variations especially with light colours.

If you look at the leather piece that's not see sun or use you will see its different to that on the faces of the leather.

We can mix from file or you can send a small sample of your leather so we know its 100% match

I would be looking at a 500ml dye with cleaner

500ml should be enough for both seats, the drivers will use more than the passenger as it used more and sees more wear.

Thanks a lot for that! How and where would I get a sample from without it looking obvious? Is there any cheap/moderately priced air guns you can recommend? Maybe a eBay link or shop link?

Thanks again very helpful I will be placing a order

Hi Niall

Something like this will be ok

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRBRUSH-KIT-AIRBRUSH-COMPRESSOR-AIR-BRUSH-COMPRESSOR-/190874639237?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item2c7103db85

You can remove one of the seat back off the front seat and you should see some leather that you can remove that will be covered once the seatback goes back on.

Main thing with spraying you need to mix the dye with water and filter into a clean bottle say through an old stocking or tights to take any lumps out

Niall_farley likes this

Hi Niall

Something like this will be ok

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRBRUSH-KIT-AIRBRUSH-COMPRESSOR-AIR-BRUSH-COMPRESSOR-/190874639237?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item2c7103db85

You can remove one of the seat back off the front seat and you should see some leather that you can remove that will be covered once the seatback goes back on.

Main thing with spraying you need to mix the dye with water and filter into a clean bottle say through an old stocking or tights to take any lumps out

Thank you :) do I get the address of your website? And just tell you what I want and maybe my forum name and address? Then you can pm me for payment?

Hi Niall

Have a looky on the kit list we advertise on the forum and pick which bottle size you want

500ml should be enough but its always best to have to much as remixing can give a very slight variation

Also the extra dye to have left will last 4+ years if you don't use it so can be used at a later date if required.

ill PM you payment details now

Instructions for spraying etc can be found at the bottom of our buy online page (don't buy from our web page as you will not get forum discount!)

http://www.bespokeleathering.com/leathercare/buyonline

John

Thank you very much very helpful stuff I might buy a fair whack because knowing me I will end up doing door cards and back seats as well so might buy 1ltr il see what happens. :) thank you very much