sleeper

Leather/vinly Scuffmaster Kits

102 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Some may be aware that Liquid Leather sold out last year and are now in the hand of Star brands...Something I know was coming 
Now the difference between the old Liquid leather and the new as a business has completely changed, which I find quite a exciting.
Same product's, different labels and ultimately different pricing, this will affect the discounts offered. Some price have risen, some have fallen.

Ive got to say that my voice has more than been listen to. they are very receptive to change and also listening to what customers say.
 I have been dealing with Liquid Leather for over 10 years and I am there longest and most experience Auto customer.
I may use Liquid leather products but having come across most issues, I have  changed the way some are used, or added another items to some of there products to get what I believe and based on tests better results.
So a product range will be formulated, some will be eliminated altogether and some additions will be added.
Extensive testing has taken place with adhesion and protection and believe we (bespoke) have some unbeatable formulas
So once everything is finished I will start a new thread as the old (this) thread may have recommendations that are no longer relevant

...John

Edited by sleeper
Karlos1975 likes this

Hi John, can I have one of those 250ml scuffmaster kits in black please. How would you like to be paid? Do you take Paypal or are you ok with cards, cheques etc? Regards, Shaun M

My passenger seat ( black leather, e39 ) is starting to show small signs of where buttons and gubbins have dug in to the seats. Only very slight, and only a nerd such as myself would notice, but enough to make me want to do something about it.

Would these scuffmaster kits do the job I need done ?

Cheers

Darren

PS: would I have to do the whole seat? or just the base?

PPS: would I end up with 1 seat looking nice and new and end up having to do the whole ruddy interior? :lol:

Hi Darren

The scuffmaster will sort this out

I would only have the 65ml kit £27 delivered

This will give you plenty and you would only hit the areas that need doing.

If you have 4-5 marks in one area, just do them. You can do the whole area if you like but i would first do whats needs doing and see what you think.

I doubt if you will need to do the whole seat, you would do that if the seat is very warn.

john

Nice one

Thanks for the info. Off on my holidays this week, but I will order the 65ml kit from you as soon as I get back next week

Regards

Darren

Oh, by the way, are the E39 handbrake and gear selector gaiters ready yet ? I noticed a while ago on your site they were in progress.

The site is undergoing changes, so many its hard to find a starting point.

But if you want a set let me know and i can make them for you.

Your lookng at £55 delivered for the set and a standard colour.

if you send me your old ones (which i might need actually for the patten) then ill put them on so all you have to do is plonk them back on when you get them back.

Turn around time, same day i get them.

Have a good break and speak to you next week.

john

Hi John

Could I order a 500ml scuffmaster kit from you?... Are the prices still as advertised above?

Having a few problems with pm on my account at the moment.

Thanks

Gary

hello mate

ive replied to your pm and also just sent you an e-mail

did you get any of them ok?

john

Hi Mark

You should have recieved a package with:

65ml bottle of dye.

x2 5ml bottles of toner

x1 5ml bottle of Gloss enhancer

Sponges

The toners will be marked toners and the gloss enhancer , gloss enhancer.

If you do not have these can you let me know what you have recieved. When i packed it, it was all there.

Note,: the toners are my be in a 5ml bottle but there quite strong.

john

Hi John

In the padded envelope was a small box containing 65ml of dye and 2 sponge offcuts, nothing else.

Cheers,

Mark.

Really!

Ok ,ill see whats happened there and get the toners + gloss enhancer out to you today

john

Thanks John,

hopefully they'll arrive before Sunday as thats when I'd planned to recolour the seats......

Mark.

just to let you know ive sent them out to you first class so you should get them tomorrow or friday at the latest.

Not sure what happened there...apart from me not putting them in the kit!

What excellent service !

The bottles of toner and gloss enhancer arrived today so I can now commence the recolouring in time for the weekend.

Thanks for sorting it out for me John.

Regards,

Mark.

John,

despite adding all of the white toner to the bottle of Grey you supplied as E39 N6TT the dye is still WAY too dark and, as a result, the area of the seat that required recolouring is a noticeably darker shade than the rest.

I've just spoken to Gliptone themselves and they say although there are three shades of N6TT there is not a great deal of variance and suggest that what you have sent me is NOT E39 N6TT as marked on the box.

Your thoughts please ?

YHPM.

John,

I spoke to Peter at Gliptone on 01706 819365 and he was certain that it could only be down to the incorrect bottle of dye being packaged in a box marked E39 N6TT as the variance would have been easily addressed using the toner....easily done, though it would help if the bottle itself had a corresponding code as, without one it is simply a bottle of grey dye if you see what I mean.

Further to your PM thanks for offering to post out the correct shade, it needs to be much lighter than the one originally sent and please be aware that I have no more white toner as I used it all in an attempt to lighten the dye sent. Much appreciated.

Best,

Mark.

Hi Mark

Pm replied to.

Gliptone incorrectly mix N6TT some months back and ive had a converstaion with them about it.

The replacement dye should be ok.