JAM172

Proposed Forum5 trip to Nurburgring August 2012.

Just a little reminder to those who have been before, and a taster to those who haven't: :mrgreen: enjoy!

This gives you more of an idea of what you'll be expecting:

Edited by JAM172

Why is there a coach going round the nurburg ring. Is it on some kind of weird tour? I will have to see next year if I am making enough money from the buisness to afford this.

^ put "bus drifting" into Youtube, Malcolm ;-)

I think I feel a plan coming on in years to come when Boris J decides to pension off Londons bendy buses for pocket money....

You'll need your vehicle to be fully road legal including insurance, UK road tax, MOT, Legal UK number plates etc etc.

The staff at the 'Ring are VERY keen on this sort of thing due to the high number of uninsured/non road legal vehicles being involved in incidents over the last few years.

i don't think i'll be going then..!!

I was supposed to be there last week - the cheapest ferries (by a long shot) are weekday 11pm onwards. If you turn up at 9 the chances are you'll get chucked on anyway...

The plan was to share the driving and go through the night - although we were going to Austria first so it worked out better time-wise. Just a thought.

[EDIT] Love that K-Series Exige to bits!

Edited by TomGC

i don't think i'll be going then..!!

Kin hell Rob you don't half admit defeat easily, I am sure it can be sorted, it's not as if it's next week that we're going, you big girl!

just registering my interest. defo not in the e39 but on the look out for something cheap and fast in the mean time

Great idea, budgets permitting for me....

More ideas for accomodation:

We took a family holiday to Switzerland this year ( with wife and 2 boys) and stayed in Cochem on the mosel. it's about 25m from Ring but was fine for me to nip up with the boys to do a few laps of the Ring one afternoon whilst my wife went shopping round town. Very likely to get the rest of the family's support as it's quite touristy, in a good way. Great road down to the river coming back from the Ring too.

I've stayed at Wilhelmshohe in the past as well ( have a look on Google ), on a BMW K75s bike that time, nice place which is run very well with good food, not silly money and they have lots of individual garages for guests to park their cars / bikes to keep them safe.

^ Ah Cochem, been there, nice place. I think I can remember the road you mean....

I stayed in Rhens, on the rhine I would say about 5 miles south of Koblenz. lovely place with a very decent pub......

Kin hell Rob you don't half admit defeat easily, I am sure it can be sorted, it's not as if it's next week that we're going, you big girl!

some of us have to work for a living and look after kids, i'm not like you and can spend all night cuddling my cars!!...lol

seriously though i am looking into it, i will get car mot'd if neccesary there's a few things like lights and washers to put back. Do we have to show mot's and we definatley not allowed slicks, is that correct.

This might be back on the cards - I'd like to take the Mrs to this, but I won't be driving anything around the 'ring, due to recent circumstances. Anyone fancy taking a passenger or two round? ;)

Do we have to show mot's and we definatley not allowed slicks, is that correct.

I'd have thought slicks would be the last thing you'd want - if i make it it will be full depth road tyres!

some of us have to work for a living and look after kids, i'm not like you and can spend all night cuddling my cars!!...lol

seriously though i am looking into it, i will get car mot'd if neccesary there's a few things like lights and washers to put back. Do we have to show mot's and we definatley not allowed slicks, is that correct.

You are extremely unkind Rob....sniff. :mrgreen: Anyhoo, I cannot make it now, yes I know after all the nagging of everybody else, I just cannot afford it.

'kin hell, you don't half give up easily jamie!

How about a weekend trip instead?

Erm Far Q Gordon, if I could afford to go I would, but we can't all afford to run around in X5's have ropey old E34 track cars and drink enough to get half the forum pissed in a weekend, can we Robzilla :mrgreen:

You are extremely unkind Rob....sniff. :mrgreen: Anyhoo, I cannot make it now, yes I know after all the nagging of everybody else, I just cannot afford it.

Kin hell Jamie you don't half admit defeat easily, I am sure it can be sorted, it's not as if it's next week that we're going, you big girl! You was supposed to be saving up for the last 6 months, have you been told you have to stay home and cuddle your cars some more....lol.

We need to get together on a track day soon, how about a winter blast round brands?

Hey lads, I'm organising a trip to the Nürburgring/Spa end March/start April.

Details are here: http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=56942

As it's across a couple of forums, the easiest is to PM me, if there is interest. Quite a few going so far.

I'd still be interested in going in August.

/M

Hi,

I'm organising a trip to Silverstone (International circuit), Spa and the Ring (GP circuit and Nordschleife, but limited time available) in October.

The details are on Octane.ie, but if somebody has interest, they can contact me on here.

I've organised 2 trips like these before one in November last year and one in March/April this year and we had great fun for sure.

/M

Edited by Marlow925