JAM172

Proposed Forum5 trip to Nurburgring August 2012.

I'm down there in May with m5board. Wouldn't might another spin down in August.

1. Jam172/Sepia.

2. classic-md-autos / David

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

9. Splondike (Solo so far) Happy to camp or BB / 5 star hotel...whatever

10. Tidgy + partner

11. Marv (tidgys mate)

12. G164RGE

13 .terrierbull's M5

14. Toshers (solo)

15. Chuddnutts (solo)

16. lee540isport + dad (dont mind camping)

17. hippie dave plus perhaps my good friend Tim, Cost permitting, Also dont mind camping

18. minicooper172

19. HiDeHiCampers

20. robzilla+ partner

21. marlow

I hope you guy's can still go as planned.

The future is looking bleak for the ring !

see link :- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68186

That's all speculation at this point. At the moment all is as usual. I wouldn't worry too much. And if it goes pop, we can always aim for another track in continental Europe.

/M

I hope you guy's can still go as planned.

The future is looking bleak for the ring !

see link :- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68186

That's all speculation at this point. At the moment all is as usual. I wouldn't worry too much. And if it goes pop, we can always aim for another track in continental Europe.

/M

Spa could be fun !

is this trip still going ahead ?

The trip will go ahead, if we all start to put some money aside for it each month, the whole idea of suggesting it so far in advance is that most of us are broke at the moment, so planning ahead is the only way forward. Realistically of the 21 names currently down, I would expecty that around 10 will actually make it; having said that, 10 forum5 members all on a mission waiting for the ferry, the convoy down through France, Belgium and Germany will be a real pleasure, and that's before we've even got onto the Ring, I'm going and really looking forward to it, wife and two ankle biters in tow :)

I am going too as far as I know, it is lodged in the memory of the missus :) All part of my 40th celebrations, date confirmation will help my cause though :D I may bring an old mate of mine along, I will ask him when I see him in a couple of weeks time.

Off to the ring a few months, will know doubt be itching to go back every year!

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

10. Tidgy + partner

11. Marv (tidgys mate)

12. G164RGE

13 .terrierbull's M5

14. Toshers (solo)

15. Chuddnutts (solo)

17. hippie dave plus perhaps my good friend Tim, Cost permitting, Also dont mind camping

18. minicooper172

19. HiDeHiCampers

20. robzilla+ partner

21. marlow

22. ollieh

23. Bigpow in one of the e39's lol

I will put my name down for this (although I may be in my E36 rather than E39!)

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

10. Tidgy + partner

11. Marv (tidgys mate)

12. G164RGE

13 .terrierbull's M5

14. Toshers (solo)

15. Chuddnutts (solo)

18. minicooper172

19. HiDeHiCampers

20. robzilla+ partner

21. marlow

22. ollieh

24: inkiboo

Right, time to start saving for this if we have any chance of going. With approximately 15 months to go, I recon on trying to save £100 per month between now and August 2012, that way my wife and kids can come too. Sepia and I plan to drive 172 there rather than trailer it, with the wives and kids in a support car full of spare wheels, luggage etc.

I would guess that at least half the names down will drop out, but even so it will be quite a sight when we all board the ferry at Dover together. 8)

The problem with deciding dates now, is we won't know when the touristfahrten is open until Nurburgring release the annual events calendar (which is traditionally around feb each year)

For example there are only 6 days in august 2011 where public access is available all day, there are lots of evening sessions but obviously most of us probably don't want to be travelling across Europe to sit and wait for a 2 hour window.

The other thing to consider is how busy the track will be at set times and will 'ring virgins be able to enjoy it if we go in peak season. My first few visits were typically April and September, where the weather was still decent, but the track was much quieter and I could actually enjoy my time rather than spending the whole of every lap off the racing line watching my rear view mirror and being passed every ten seconds.

I think September is a good choice, a mate of mine is going out next week and he is going to give me details of the hotel he stays at every year, not far from the ring and a good price.

It looks like it will be me and Mark driving 172 down :shock: , The added cost of taking the family, hotel etc is too much, we will be camping, great booze and no sleep, just like last time :roll:

I'll be going next year once I sort my 2012 annual leave out (even though I vowed never to go again :rolleyes: )

Already primed my hotellier for my arrival and it will be good to see him again, stayed at the same place for the last 6 years :lol:

Should have the car finished for what I want by then too, only another 4k to save up for the supercharger :unsure::unsure::unsure:

We were having a chat about this yesrterday at the uxbridge show, it is definately still happening, we won't be able to get exact dates until next year, but likely to be August 2012............so start saving those pennies. :mrgreen:

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

10. Tidgy + partner

11. Marv (tidgys mate)

12. G164RGE

13 .terrierbull's M5

14. Toshers (solo)

15. Chuddnutts (solo)

18. minicooper172

19. HiDeHiCampers

20. robzilla+ partner

21. marlow

22. ollieh

24: inkiboo

25: V8Warrior (Dates Pending)

I've just got quote for the ferry for next august with my car and trailer it works out a bit cheaper if we leave in the week not at the weekend, £190 return, Dover to Calais, the tunnel is a bit more but only takes about 35 mins.

Rob, just checking you know that your car needs to be road legal ( to german TUV standards) to drive on the ring, as it's a public road and fairly heavily policed?

With the exception of closed session track days of course.

You'll need your vehicle to be fully road legal including insurance, UK road tax, MOT, Legal UK number plates etc etc.

The staff at the 'Ring are VERY keen on this sort of thing due to the high number of uninsured/non road legal vehicles being involved in incidents over the last few years.