JAM172

Proposed Forum5 trip to Nurburgring August 2012.

I am lucky enough to be able to say that I have experienced the Ring in August 2009. I have chated to a few of the usual trackday suspects on here about the posibility of organising a trip to the Nurburgring and everyone has really made the same comment regarding expense and getting a pass from SWMBO; it is for this reason that I have managed to sell it to my better half and kids by bringing them along too and making a holiday as part of it.

I would be very keen to make it a Forum5 trip, camping is available, but I would suggest that if we booked B&B early enough then this would make our other halves alot easier to convince. I can assure you that the towns and countryside in close locality to the track are superb and the cost of eating out is very reasonable.

For most of us this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I realise that it is August 2012, but the idea is to give all of us an opportunity to save and convince our families to come along. Obviously the idea is open to those who wish to come along (Solo) but really to emphasise that wives and kids are no reason to stop you attending.

I have asked (Sepia) aka Mark to make this a "sticky", for those of you who don't know, he shares "172" the car in my signature pic below.

So please add your names to the list, it is just an idea at this stage and I am really trying to gauge the level of interest and not trying committing anyone to anything.

1. Jam172/Sepia.

Great idea and an incredibly captivating place for so many reasons . As mentioned , the surrounding towns / villages are wonderfully scenic being situated in the Eifel Mountains , the people are friendly and the aura of the place is truly momentous .

Count me in !

1. Jam172/Sepia.

2. classic-md-autos / David

Me too (does this mean I'll have to put a back seat back in?)

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

No we do not mind non BMW's at all, in fact I am hoping that Tandino Pete will put his name down, it is him that got me out there in 2009. 8)

i am a definate on this for a couple of reasons,

1 I have always wanted to go but just never made the committment and

2 i think with a group it will be much better as there will be experience of the area, the Ring itself and i think because of that it will be a much better time as we will cram lots in so bang for buck it will be worth it

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

I'd love to do this, I hope money permits. I am sure my darling wife would love come along too.

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

lets do it.

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

o also a good palce to stay,

http://www.slidersguesthouse.com/

bit away form the track but brendan and suzi are a crckign pair of hosts and they both know the track like the back of there hand

This sounds good and if you know them IMO would be a good place for us all to stay.

yeah stayed there a few years ago, check out the vids of the laps on his bike, duck me he can ride, his mrs aint bad on a bike either, both had mod'd R1's when i was there

I've stayed at the ringhaus and the hotel am der nurburgring, both have lots of rooms and located very near the track entrances, and both have bitburger on tap!

Sent Brendan a message, i've just noticed on the website that Suz passed away last year :( which is realy sad.

Not sure if he's still running the guest house etc, but shall see what he says when he gets back to me.

Sorry to see that news :(

1. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

9. Splondike

The idea sounds like fun... may be able to convince the missus to let me go for my 40th birthday treat :wink: Will get my brother to drag his 928 down as well...

. Jam172/Sepia.

3. dan101smith

4. M535man

5. duncan-uk

6. The Flying Banana

7. bm0p700f

8. Hardy

9. Splondike

10. Tidgy

11. Marv (tidgys mate)

12. G164RGE

Sorry to see that news :(

9. Splondike

The idea sounds like fun... may be able to convince the missus to let me go for my 40th birthday treat :wink: Will get my brother to drag his 928 down as well...

40, again :roll: come on who are you trying to kid? :lol:

People in glass houses should know better :wink:

Great plan this though mate, getting it lodged in their minds early is always a good idea :D

right heard back, brendan can take 18 people, village is very safe for parking cars so all good on that sence. I mentioned august 2012 to him and he said that wont be an issue, so when we have more firm info can get the ball rolling