velvetmonkey

Bumper stolen

61 posts in this topic

I appreciate that the east end of London is bad. As for a deterrent I had one of my cars broken into smashed the passenger window was smashed and as it was double locked still could not gain entrance to the car. Alot of damage was done in a effort to gain entrance. The car was too far for me to hear the alarm via fingerprints they caught the guy he got 4 months suspended. Great deal that is really going to deter him from doing the next one. What's worse I discovered the guy has a long record already.

If your a bit handy , fit a GSM module to your alarm and disconnect the siren and hazards , then if the alarm is triggered , you get a call and come running with something large and heavy.

If your a bit handy , fit a GSM module to your alarm and disconnect the siren and hazards , then if the alarm is triggered , you get a call and come running with something large and heavy.

And how do I do that?

I have to admit that it sounds like my kind of way of preventing a car crime...

how about mod'ing a HID ballist to give the tealeaf 23,000 volts..............lol

or am i just being evil?

some dude down the road from me brought a new (well new to him) 4x4

the next day he had 2 cctv cams attached to his house and pointing at his new ride

(i think thats a bit too much if you ask me !!!!)

Phew, the vectra has been taken away, and replaced with a rather nice 59 plate Merc C class. Which I have to say is rather nice! The E39 is a cracking car, but compared to this it does feel a little old fasioned....

The body shop have said a week and a half ish, the bus did quite alot of damage, so not only will it have a new front bumper, but the back one is going to be done too! And rear wing, wheel arch and door....

I live between Oval and Camberwell for anyone who knows the area, and car crime is fairly common. Not on our road luckily, but these things happen! CCTV is a step too far, I'm thinking of just making sure its under street lighting at night, and facing out so the front of the car is visible from the main road.

the next day he had 2 cctv cams attached to his house and pointing at his new ride

(i think thats a bit too much if you ask me !!!!)

That's exactly what Id like to do. Would it be overkill to fit cctv at work as well as home lol.

He's back again:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160417864284&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Recognise the wall and skirting board - same in every photo

Well I suspect that item is stolen (for a number of reasons) and so I reported it to eBay. I think everyone else who agrees should do the same also. It only takes a second and all you need to say is "You suspect stolen property is for sale on eBay". Yes, it's unlikely anything will be done (without getting the police involved) but it might worry the seller if he's contacted about it. If he's nothing to worry (i.e. if it's not stolen) about then he'll continue trading.

At least if my bumper is stolen, I'll know where to look!

^^^ There's always Crimestoppers...
I know, but I can't prove anything unfortunately. The only real thing I'm hoping to accomplish is to get the seller worried if it is in fact stolen. As stealing these bumpers is happening so regularly, I'm sure one day one will pop up on eBay and it will be a forum members bumper. As long as you've marked it or it has a distinguishing feature (so you can identify it), it shouldn't be too difficult for the police to get the eBay seller's details. Even then though, it's possible they've used fake details or one of those pre-paid credit cards to register. :(

I saw a nice E46 M-Sport driving down the A316 this morning with no front bumper. One guess what happened there!

B**tards. About time these scumbags were sorted out. I'd make prison's hard graft so they had to work long and tedious hours, then back into their cells with no creature comforts. The things you hear about a lot of prisons being like hotels are TRUE. I've heard that comment first hand from a prison officer. Makes my p*ss boil.

how about mod'ing a HID ballist to give the tealeaf 23,000 volts..............lol

or am i just being evil?

I'm for this option too. Shame its illegal though and you'd likely be locked up yourself for doing th eworld a favour.

Use your vote...the less liberal, bleeding heart left wing sympathisers running this country the better.

Use your vote...the less liberal, bleeding heart left wing sympathisers running this country the better.

True mate or its another 5 years of Gordon & Darling...

Well,

I'm still waiting for it to come back from the bodyshop. a month later!!! They don't seem to be able to start the car so its in Vines at Gatwick.

Simon

Its really bad when stuff like this happens; I was around my cousins house in Willesden in 2008, he'd parked his 525i Sport outside his house instead of the garage and we heard all sorts of noises outside; we looked outside to see 2 guys trying to steal his bumper! He grabbed a block of wood and I grabbed a trolleyjack bar, we ran outside, hit one across the arm and then chased them away before they'd even loosened the bolts! Never saw them again after that... :lol:

Really sorry to hear about this, seems nothing changes.

A few years ago after my mates bumper on the E46 and another on a E39 M5 was both stolen i looked into supplying a bolt kit with locking key but it wasn't well received so i gave-up on the idea.

It's still possible but i would need to find out if there is enough people interested, now might be a good time.

This would be a pair of bolts for E39 and E46 (they are not the same) plus a locking key similar to wheel bolt key and different combinations on each set. I posted this idea on the M5Board at the time.

Anyone interested?

Wane.

Found it,

Wane Ramsay

Fellow Member (>400)

Garage: Estoril blue E39 M5 Individual 2001

Sales Feedback: (0)

Lock your bumper

Hi guys, a few bmw owners i know have recently had their bumper stolen. I've been looking into this for a while and believe i have a solution which stop thieves from getting your bumper. I'd like to know if theres enough interest in this before i commit myself to this 'project'.

The fix for this is a set of special bolts that have individual 'keys'.

Each set has a different 'key'.

I'll go into more details once i know what the possible take-up/ interest is.

This is applicable to all E36,E46,E39 series.

Please log your interest.

Wane.

Saw on the news last night that the scum-bags are drilling through plastic fuel tanks to steal fuel, these days. £1000 repair bill.

I partly blame the government or Thatcher, as it's mostly their fault for everything.

Saw on the news last night that the scum-bags are drilling through plastic fuel tanks to steal fuel, these days. £1000 repair bill.

I partly blame the government or Thatcher, as it's mostly their fault for everything.

I saw that - tossers!

Although I reckon Tris or Jeek have got a spare tank knocking about for wayyyy much less than a grand!

Another probable stolen bumper on Ebay - it's the same guy as above with a different username. This is approx the 5th or 6th bumper I have seem him list. He must have read my post about his skirting board because now he's outside.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160419936218&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123