velvetmonkey

Bumper stolen

61 posts in this topic

Damn it,

came home last night from the pub, thought the car looked a bit odd. Some swine has taken my sport front bumper straight off the car!!!! Had a really really good night up to that point!

Oh well, insurance are paying up, and its going in tomorrow. Mercedes E class as a courtesy car, so will let you all know what I think of Stuttgarts finest!

Simon

Shame... :(

Keep an eye on eBay, if one your colour comes up in or near London....! :evil:

I think there are some one way bolts you can get from BMW to prevent this as the bumpers are FAR to easy to steal on most older BMW's, and as said above its becoming far too common now.

Also seems to be coinciding with pre-facelift cars being done up to increase their value by making them look like sports!!

This is becoming too common by far. It's at times like this that I start to believe that the practice of cutting their hands off is a good idea. Except that means they will then draw benefits.

There was a guy on eBay who seemed to be getting E39 sports front bumpers quite regularly...

They were usually complete with grilles & foglights too...!

He was based in London... :?

Dunno if he's still active, but the one time I contacted him about what he had for sale, he seemed a bit evasive & I got the feeling that collection in person wasn't an option!

A candidate for a visit from a hand-donor surgeon? ^ ^ :lol:

Damn it,

came home last night from the pub, thought the car looked a bit odd. Some swine has taken my sport front bumper straight off the car!!!! Had a really really good night up to that point!

Oh well, insurance are paying up, and its going in tomorrow. Mercedes E class as a courtesy car, so will let you all know what I think of Stuttgarts finest!

Simon

Hey sorry to hear ,looking through old posts seems to happen a lot around the London area

i got a mate who had his bumpers nicked twice !!!!!!!!

he ended up using cement to secure the bolts so no-one could get at them

also seen 3-series with missing bumpers on the way to my sisters........1 day it was there....next day both bumpers gone........and that was on a busy road as well

these tealeafs need to be get a real job

Very sorry to hear, it's something I worry about regularly at this stage. Whereabouts in London are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Unfortunately, there is a downside (or a potential risk I should say) about welding the bumper bolts or using some sort of security lock. I read of a chap who welded a new bumper to his car (after the old one was stolen) and someone tried to steal it. When they realised they couldn't get the bumper off, they ripped off the corners of the bumper (pretty much destroying it) and keyed the car the whole way round (obviously out of spite). Unfortunately, for this owner, a full respray costed a hell of a lot more than another new bumper...

Absolute and utter b*stards.

if they stoop to stealing they already have no respect for others properties. In fact these low lifes even consider that once they start their steeling that it already belongs to them hence the destruction specially when they cannot get what they want.

Well,

Talulah (don't laugh, that's her name) was taken away today for repairs. Both for the bumper, and when a P5 bus hit her last week. They've given me a Vectra (again, don't laugh) until tuesday, then Mercedes E class!

This has made me realise how great the E39 really is to drive, 200 yards in a vauxhall and it all makes sense! The vectra is rubbish!!!!!

Will post a pic as soon as the BMW is back again.

Simon

My wife has a Vauxhall corsa she loves it i hate it. i feel every bump and when I put my foot down i feel like getting out and pushing the darn thing

Very sorry to hear, it's something I worry about regularly at this stage. Whereabouts in London are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Unfortunately, there is a downside (or a potential risk I should say) about welding the bumper bolts or using some sort of security lock. I read of a chap who welded a new bumper to his car (after the old one was stolen) and someone tried to steal it. When they realised they couldn't get the bumper off, they ripped off the corners of the bumper (pretty much destroying it) and keyed the car the whole way round (obviously out of spite). Unfortunately, for this owner, a full respray costed a hell of a lot more than another new bumper...

Absolute and utter b*stards.

That is exactly what I'm afraid of and why I rather not to get my bolts welded or anything... I worry about my car everyday (especially living in London) and I dread the though about coming home just to find out that my bumper's gone...

In my area of london the crack heads will rip the dzash board apart for a radio and to look in the glove compartment ect to see if you left a sat nav there. Or to see if you left the locking nut for your wheels. But they prefer radios and the like. Cds are also favoured

It's a good job then that the price of sports bumpers is generally coming down!

When will the powers that be clamp down on theft? One of the oldest, most common, most hurtful crimes around. There is no deterrent for these people. That's the problem.

Where I live in london (east) is especially quite bad

I’ve had my drivers mirror cover stolen, passengers mirror broken and hanging from the electric wires, drivers wing smashed in together with the indicator, various scratches from footballs to peeps sitting on car to boxes put on my car because they was too heavy to carry so rested them on my car, every corner on the bumper hit and scratched, bumpers hit so bad that the parking sensors went all the way in.

Some proper sh*t drivers out there together with some tealeafs doesn’t make for a very restful night.

Sometimes I wish I had a crap car so I wouldn’t care as much !!!!!

But hey…….thats the cost of having a good E39

Course, the next thing to worry about is the fockers coming back in a couple of weeks time for the nice, new freshly painted replacement that's being fitted.

Course, the next thing to worry about is the fockers coming back in a couple of weeks time for the nice, new freshly painted replacement that's being fitted.

True :(

It happened around this way, Transits were getting their cat converters nicked, getting a new one fitted then that nicked again a week later!