Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
e34_1.8se

e34 520 24v touring project (wrote off 15.20pm 14/8/11)

60 posts in this topic

na -35mm springs mate,

i was prob just not reading it right mate as think your right it is 1.6mm tread (oopsy i done a poopsy!)

i'm not keen on the rear sport bumper tbh, thats why i chucked it, i like the standard rear.

i'm not keen on the rear sport bumper tbh, thats why i chucked it, i like the standard rear.

Agreed. It's a much cleaner look - the Sport rear bumper is to fussy, I feel.

That's looking very nice. Its a shame people let these cars die when a bit of TLC can see them good for another 100k miles easily.

picked up the leather interior on saturday morning and fitted it all so just waitin on fitting the exhaust then its mot time.

WOW! Your car looks amazing man! I am so envious, part of the reason I miss home.

Anyway, I am in the States, and I have a 540i Touring. You are right about the SLS, it makes the touring ride kind of low in the rear. When you acquire or install your springs, just check and confirm that they have the right spring rate for the touring or else it will sag in the rear. Their bottoms have quite a bit more weight than the saloons.

I love your car... I see you also have the M-Tech bumpers on it.

Can I ask you something. In case you have memory seats on your's, does the Left Side mirror dip on reverse? I have a Euro-Spec imported car and I need to replace the driver's side mirror, but it costs an eye popping $200+ USD to get one.

Good Work Mate!

thats the touring getting mot'd on friday evening (fingers crossed) so washed it today after it sitting for about a month,

thought i'd share a couple pics from today. looking good apart from the large key scratch down the side.

Photo-0006.jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

You have turned out a great looking car. How is the ride with those springs. Hope shepasses first time now.

well just back from garage.

failed its mot earlier but good news is it only failed on the rear brake pads and the indicator relay. which will be fitted by my mate before i pick it up with a pass cert.

result!........

today beforehand i had fitted the new exhaust system, upper arms and droplinks, also new fuel air and oil filters and fresh oil, so it runnin like a dream, never fitted the bottom arms as they were like new already so one less thing i need to buy for my other car.

so hopefully be on road durin the week once i get tax and mot sorted out.

Hi there. Just to say really renjoyed your log. Al lthe best and I will watch your progress with interest.

all taxed and tested and on road,

few bits and pieces to finish but still happy with the result so far.

Fan tastic 8)

really nice machine you have there and has certainly come on a long way from when you picked it up: you should be very proud of it indeed. :D :D

thanks mate, its easy to appreciate something you have done yourself but when other people appreciate it, it makes the work seem a little more worth while.

i will post some pics in the next few weeks when i finish a few more things.

Beautiful car. The ACS wheels are really nice for this car: clean and simple! Keep up the good work; will be looking forward to seeing more pics.

decided to freshen up under the bonnet so painted the 2 engine covers.

before:

007-1.jpg

after:

Photo-0019.jpg

i think it is 10 times better and has put me in the mood for more tinkering under the bonnet

any comments welcomed.

That's brightened it up nicely!!

What's that other orange thing? Please tell me its not one of those fake dump valve thingys?

fitted an induction kit induction kit and removed airbox and found there was a sensor of some sort with 2 pipes coming from inlet or summit (not checked properly). so instead of doing what ma mate said (blanking them off) i reckoned it must do summit or wouldn't be there so chopped a bottle in half which slid on nice and tight, then fitted a induction pipe end into the bottle with a rag inside. dont know why just a spur of the moment thing. not decided what to do with it yet so that is what your seeing.

another view so you see better.

Photo-0021.jpg

That's ok then, I think :lol:

I would guess that is the crank case breather, I have not fitted an induction kit on a BMW before, but other engines I have worked on do.

You need one of these on the end of them

well that was the plan i had one but couldn't find it, that or fitting an extra bit pipe and relocating the sensor in it after the induction kit. but at the time i used what i had to hand,

recently been having some overheating problems,just fitted thermostat and water pump going on in next 2 days,

been looking at some new things to do

thinking of getting my wheels powder coated orange and also the roof rails and smoking rear indicator lens????

also going to be doing a little more under the bonnet wth some orange hosing and some orange cable tidies, maybe a little more painting.

also on the agenda is getting the scratch painted.

some recent pics

inductionside.jpg

engine.jpg

Photo-0035-1.jpg

Photo-0034-1.jpg

Photo-0033.jpg

Photo-0032-1.jpg

Photo-0031-1.jpg

Photo-0027.jpg