BMW 5 Series Owners Board uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Thank you for visiting bmw5. If you'd like to show your support for the forum, please consider becoming a Gold Member

Photo
- - - - -

e39 headunit circular pin to straight pin adaptor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cadburys_5

cadburys_5
  • Current Car:530i Individual Velvet Blue

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

My e39 standard cassette headunit went kaputt so I went to scrappie and bought a replacement headunit, however the pins on the replacement unit are circular pins and the connectors on my car are straight pins, unfortunately I can't get a refund on the stereo so is it possible to get an adaptor to fit or not?
Thanks in advance.
Individual Velvet blue 530i Sport.

#2 IXIS

IXIS
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

Should be able to, look in halfords, try Autoleads or any good car audio retailer :wink:
BMW 520i - Vermont Green Metallic - 17" M Wheels & 1 crazy driver!!!! lol :D
Posted Image
Angel Eye Rings - Smoked Rear Lights - Green Interior Centre LEDs - Xenon White LED Interior & Door Lights - Kenwood DVD touchscreen - 600W 4 channel amp, 10" sub & Sony 3ways - Carbon Fibre Badges - Clear Front Indicators - Smoked Side repeaters - Black Wide Kidneys :D
Click for my pics & mod pics

#3 cadburys_5

cadburys_5
  • Current Car:530i Individual Velvet Blue

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

Should be able to, look in halfords, try Autoleads or any good car audio retailer :wink:

Thanks for your help mate, mucho appreciated 8)
Individual Velvet blue 530i Sport.

#4 RichardP

RichardP
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Dealers sell them for exchanging older round pin radios for newer flat pin versions.

You'll probably need :

61.12-6 913 957 - Round Pin to Flat Pin Main Radio Adapter
This is the main harness plug for your radio. Your car's original radio has a main plug (with round pins) and two 10-pin audio input cables that integrate with the main harness plug. The new radio you have has a flat-pin main harness with two 12-pin audio input plugs that integrate with the new main harness.

61.12-6 924 785 - 10-pin to 12-pin radio audio input adapter
This converts the original 10-pin audio input plugs for your original radio into the 12-pin plugs that the new radio expects. You'll probably need 2 of these.

61.12-6 913 955 - New Gen Radio Antenna Adapter
Posted Image
2003 Carbon Black E39 M5
Evolve remap, headers & race cats | Intravee II for iPod, DVD & DAB plus PXA-H100 DSP emulation | Valentine One mirror integration and head rest stealth install

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users