ChrisKnottIns

BMW5.co.uk INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

202 posts in this topic

hi can you guys insure a supercharged e39 m5? (it's having the conversion at the moment)

other mods are big brake kit, bbs alloys, nitron coilovers and van manen manifold+cats.

i'm 32, 5 years NCB, no points.

if feasible, i'll give you guys a call.

I just thought I’d try and explain a little more about the insurer’s decision to amend the criteria for our insurance scheme. Please believe me when I say that we would love to insure everybody and I’ve enjoyed reading people’s feedback when they talk of our prices, customer service, claims handling, etc. However, the insurers have been hit hard this year and when trying to find out why, they have discovered that, in general, there are certain elements which are causing the problems. Hence the reason to only accept modifications with cosmetic changes and modded bhp increases of no more than 20bhp.

Also people must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed, no more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver and minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover.

It seems that people outside of this criteria are losing money big-time for the insurers though of course this is a generalisation as they understand not everyone claims in these ‘areas’. It’s just that once bitten, twice shy.

May I reiterate that it’s not us who have made this decision but the insurers. Let me point you to this article which tends to sum up the market at the moment - http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Car-Insurance-Premiums-Surge-Ahead-Over-Past-12-Months-Consumer-Intelligence-Research-Finds/Article/201001415534529?lpos=Business_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_8&lid=ARTICLE_15534529_Car_Insurance_Premiums_Surge_Ahead_Over_Past_12_Months%2C_Consumer_Intelligence_Research_Finds

Hi Tim.

I’m with Chris Knott and live in the NG17 Area (North of Nottingham) i was quoted £380 FC with Full NCD. I have swapped my insurance over for now and paid an extra £80 till May. I’m driving a BMW 5 SE Pro Satnav addition. Can you get me a better deal on renewal?

I’m 40, driving since 18. Full licence including Bikes and LGV's, no convictions, no points, car has no mods and is how it left the factory.

My no claims are protected. I am also now a fully qualified SAFED instructor (Safe and fuel effective driving) and CPC instructor for LGV drivers.

In Chris Knotts defence though i would like to say, 5 years ago i had my Landrover Disco stolen, Chris Knott gave me no problems at all with the claim they were fantastic and sorted it all out over the phone. This is something you need to think about when shopping for the cheapest insurance, its not what you pay them, it’s how easy it is to get them to pay you in a claim. Chris Knott were great.

i won’t change my Insurance even if i get a better quote from someone else, as in the past if i did, Chris Knott beat it for me!

kind regards

Phil.

It’s fair to say premiums are increasing this year due to the increased cost of claims rather than the increased number of claims and these premium increases are imposed on us by the insurers.

Even though there is obviously negative reaction to this, our renewal retention rate has only dropped by 5% from 81% to 76% so it seems that approximately 3 out of every 4 people still renew with us.

I’m also hoping that after a period of time (such as 12 months or so), the criteria will be relaxed somewhat but we will see.

Hi

Again we see the media talking about the premium increases which seem to be affecting nearly everyone.

Here is the latest article from this weeks’ Daily Mail -

Hi there

Just to let you know our offices are still open despite the amount of snow we’ve had.

Some of us, like myself, are snowed in but half the staff are working.

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477

CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS

Christmas Eve 24th December - 28th December - CLOSED

Wednesday 29th December - 9am to 5pm

Thursday 30th December - 9am to 5pm

New Year's Eve 31st December - 3rd January - CLOSED

Tuesday 4th January - 9am to 5pm

Tim, savings unfortunately are not being passed on to me.

Last year I approached you for a quote, but your underwriters wouldn't insure me as the car was not garaged in my postcode. This year it is, but now your underwriters won't insure anyone under 30 with my V8!

Closing the office at 5pm is also really inconvenient - I emailed for a quote on my 307 this morning, only just had a chance to call back at 16:58 and already getting the 'the office is now closed' message - *sigh* - I might try again tomorrow if I can get time before 5pm... Or if you can get somebody to email me the quote back that'd be handy...

Taken out a policy in November but I was really busy with work 8-5 and their opening hours are 9 (ish) to 5 (ish) :roll:

Had to prove no claims discount previous quotes and a fair few other bits and with limited time I found it very awkward.

Surely all that info can be retrieved from a previous insurer without me doing all the leg work??

Anyway, cancelled the insurance and gone back with Direct Line as there's no hassle and I don't have to do half their job!

Got to agree with Raymond on this point. As well as price, my other major consideration is how much hassle will I get if I make a claim, If I get hassle/feeling Im doing things they could do when Im just trying to buy the insurance, then that worries me.

Closing the office at 5pm is also really inconvenient - I emailed for a quote on my 307 this morning, only just had a chance to call back at 16:58 and already getting the 'the office is now closed' message - *sigh* - I might try again tomorrow if I can get time before 5pm... Or if you can get somebody to email me the quote back that'd be handy...

Yes fine. Can you pm me your name, postcode & email address and i can get someone to email you?

Alternatively, we are in tomorrow morning from 9 till noon.

Got to agree with Raymond on this point. As well as price, my other major consideration is how much hassle will I get if I make a claim, If I get hassle/feeling Im doing things they could do when Im just trying to buy the insurance, then that worries me.

It's easy for us to obtain NCB proof if you haven't been sent it by your previous insurers but normally people have been sent it and they just have to put it in our freepost envelope.

If you have to prove a cheaper quote then if it's an internet quote, all you need to is give us a copy of the email or screen print, etc.

Must admit though that we are more than happy at the amount of people who are insuring with us from on here! Thank you to all!

Im pleased that you are getting a good response from the members on the forum. Its good to feel that someone at the insurance company are listening, the forum gives people a chance to get that personal touch and gives you an insight into the problems/concerns of your customers/future customers

Absolutly fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Can't really say any more, except...............

The staff are very helpful (Thanks Kim)

The quote was over £200 less than my original insurer (whom I've started CC proceedings against for sparadic Direct Debits and charges I've incurred)

And insured with a well known company!!!

Adrian Flux were full of promises, but then backtracked!!!

Just glad I saw this post.

Thanks to all at Chris Knott :D:D:D:D:D

Regards

Chris

Hi

My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!

The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

Hi, I am 24 with a 2001 e39 525d se. As per my sig it has a remap, decat and egr bypass. It has 18 m paras and will have Sport front bumper. Can you cover me? Or am I too young?

Hi

Whilst the insurance market seems to have hardened over the last 12 months or so, we have always worked hard on our customer service and it’s nice to see comments on the forums of people being satisfied with our efforts. We endeavour to assist customers to our utmost and trust this is a major reason why people renew with us year after year.

Bearing this in mind, please feel free to contact us for a quotation on your car (and home!) insurance when they are due. We would be more than happy to quote for you.

The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to magazine@chrisknott.co.uk with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.

Hi

Just like to wish everyone a Happy Easter.

(We are closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday but open this Saturday from 9am till noon.)