ChrisKnottIns

BMW5.co.uk INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

199 posts in this topic

Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance -

What you like with modifications? The 540 has been with Adrian Flux for the last 4 years and I've recently insured my 307 with them too as they were the most competitive out there for mods.

What you like with modifications? The 540 has been with Adrian Flux for the last 4 years and I've recently insured my 307 with them too as they were the most competitive out there for mods.

Hi Donut

We're fine with all mods except roll cages & nitrous.

Mods are also covered on a like for like basis.

I have just renewed on friday with privilege!! damn!!

I have 14 days to change my mind however... So I will try and get a quote from you tomorrow? (as Im sure sending my details via PM etc wont get me far lol)

I got a very good quote from them this year so certainly worth a call, it was £170 lower than my renewal notice which was from Adrian Flux.....

Do you cover for small amounts of business useage? ( <500 miles p/a )

Also what do you consider the "M Series" of cars?

Obvious answer is M3, M5, M6, ZM Coupe's, etc., but my previous insurers re-quoted when I changed to my 530D, and when they found out the car was the M-Sport model and not an SE they totally threw their toys out of the pram. The quote went from just under £400 to just over £1000!

They cited the M-Sport spec and my mrs being 25yrs old as the reasons; never realised the m-sport spec caused such a difference!..

Do you cover for small amounts of business useage? ( <500 miles p/a )

Also what do you consider the "M Series" of cars?

Obvious answer is M3, M5, M6, ZM Coupe's, etc., but my previous insurers re-quoted when I changed to my 530D, and when they found out the car was the M-Sport model and not an SE they totally threw their toys out of the pram. The quote went from just under £400 to just over £1000!

They cited the M-Sport spec and my mrs being 25yrs old as the reasons; never realised the m-sport spec caused such a difference!..

My apologies, checked with out technical guy and we are fine with that. (I was working from home, so that's my excuse!).

Sorry.

I'm really surprised by that :?

M sport is just a trim level, the cars are idential in terms of performance to the SE models

surprised me at the time too!..

i'm even more surprised now i know other insurance companies are of the same opinion; i had assumed it was just the jokers i was with previously..

Tim,

2004 (E60) 520I SE model but with following mods:

1. Msport front bumper

2. Msport side skirts

3. M5 rear bumper with quad exhaust

4. 18" m sport alloys

Due for insurance renewal soon and with more than at moment, have max no claims bonus, over 25, over 10 years driving experience and postcode is CB9.

Will u cover this?

Well these saved me £290 on my Existing policy, which was over the top, i found my cheapest price was settled on paying that then these guys saved me a further £35 woo hoo.

Tim,

2004 (E60) 520I SE model but with following mods:

1. Msport front bumper

2. Msport side skirts

3. M5 rear bumper with quad exhaust

4. 18" m sport alloys

Due for insurance renewal soon and with more than at moment, have max no claims bonus, over 25, over 10 years driving experience and postcode is CB9.

Will u cover this?

Yes, no problem.

One issue that has arisen is that a few people are saying we haven't called them back. I can assure you we call everyone back without fail!

The only reason we don't manage to speak to people is because either they have gone out, the wrong number has been taken down or, as has been said quite often recently, people don't answer numbers they don't know (& we have numerous telephone numbers) - I even had someone say that to me yesterday!

Our stats show that we only manage to contact 2 out of 10 people on average! It’s frustrating for us as well!

Please feel free to try us again as we would have tried you the same day. (Mondays & Fridays are our most busiest however!).

(I covered for a colleague recently and was given a list of 4 people to ring back for a quote. None responded so, of the 4, I left messages on 2 answer phones, whilst 1 phone just rang & rang & the other was engaged consistently for hours. I checked a week later and at least 3 had not rung us back - I didn't have enough details to check the fourth).

So, if you haven't heard from us within 2 hours, please ring us back!

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over

Is this true?

I was just refused cover on my 328 due to me being under 25 (i'm 23).

Sorry, I've edited the original post to include this.

I must say you had the 2nd most competive quote but Adrian Flux undercut by a fraction, I guess to retain the business. Why do quotes vary so much - I got quotes between £300 (£200 excess) and £900 (£450 excess)!!

I'll be back for a quote next year - any good deals on motorcycle insurance? (not bmw though :lol:)

2nd best for us as well Tim I'm afraid 249 vs 202 with another company, same excess etc.... You were cheaper than our renewal with swiftcover, but not as good as another company using compare the meercat.com

We did phone back and give the opportunity to price match, but you couldn't.

I think we would be quite a low risk personally, cohabiting, parent, never claimed on a policy, no points, rural area, low annual mileage.

I still go some daft prices from others for the E39 as well though, and then when I mention the M5 as well, I think some companies (not chris knott) think BMW owners are a licence to print money. :roll:

We'll try again next time though.....

Do you do a multi car deal too?

Just had the reminder through from Admiral for myself and my other half quoting £461.22

I've the E39 528 sport (Just turned 39) and she has the E34 TDS (she's 30)

Cheers

Steve