skeggy

tyre check control (TDC) questions

11 posts in this topic

I have the button for this on the dashboard and if i press it it says tyre control inactive. Obviously from doing a search it looks as though im missing the sensors and valves for the kit to work (as the current wheels have rubber valves).

But checking on real oem and with bmw the M5 is not listed as having this. Ive looked into the parts for the 540 and they do have them - will it be the same bit of kit?

Also if i was to get the set would it need coding to the transponders in the arches or would it auctomatically detect it?

press the button for 20-30 secs and get checking tyre pressures - drive the car and then nothing happens. If i press the button after the recommended driving for 10 mins it still comes up with the inactive message :roll:

Anyone got any other suggestions? Is it possible to see or feel the sensors on the wheels?

i had this on my 528 Sport

I was getting "check tyre pressure" "Tyre Pressure Front L" "Tyre Defect" "Tyre control inactive" was really getting on my t1ts

you either have no sensors fitted in the wheels, when there should be or you have faulty sensors £60 each IRC

Mine was 2 faulty sensors!!

There are two versions of the Tyre Pressure monitor system, the older one has sensors in the wheels to monitor pressure, the newer one just compares the rotation rates of the wheels with the set value.

I'd guess you have the older version and defective/missing sensors.

There are two versions of the Tyre Pressure monitor system, the older one has sensors in the wheels to monitor pressure, the newer one just compares the rotation rates of the wheels with the set value.

I'd guess you have the older version and defective/missing sensors.

Pretty sure Skeggy's car is newer than mine, although I don't have the reset button on the dashboard I will get a tyre defect message on the dash if there is low pressure, or one of the wheels rotates outside of some value the car uses. And I definately don't have any sensors on the wheels.

I read somewhere that the older version uses a battery in the sensor: lasts for the normal life of a tyre, but often doesn't get changed & so goes flat causing the errors you're getting. Tyre has to come off to repair/replace... :(

Same prob here also. I'd be interested in the whole battery theory rather than a £60 sensor option. Any way to tell if its a duff sensor or not?