Bishy

Picked up my new car today...soon to be detailed!

Mark is a top notch detailer, you will be suitably impressed.

sorry Pad forgot to metion that you also suggested them too! :oops::roll::lol:

He quoted me what i thought was a very fair price! and he'll come to my house ive got a gravel drive at home, and a hard standing/wash bay but im slighty worried about dust from the drive! or he can maybe do it at my work address and will proberbly spent around 10 hours on it! so will be very happy for him to do it just got to get phoenix to agree to paying for it.......or at the very least a large chunk of it! :|

Spoke to trading standard and consumer direct, and they've adviced me on waht to put in a letter to Phonenix so that will be on its way shorty :wink:

When you looking on moving now?

Late summer for definite now ... just need to find a house before school starts in September!

Cool, where abouts was you looking to move then....you did say before im sure but ive got the memory of a goldfish. where abouts was you looking to move then....you did say before im sure but ive got the memory of a goldfish! lol

Ok state of play so far, thanks to "pixor" who put me intouch with a chap called Byran Lockhart who I believe is to do with detailing world and he in turn has put me in touch with Mark Brazendale of The Shine Factory who im going to push that Phoenix pay for him to sort the paintwork...I will get him to do it anyway As he comes highly recommended and from talking to him i trust tha he can to the nessesary to impove the paintwork and then I will try and get back the money form them by whatever means should they not play ball.

Going into my local dealer tom so hopefully will resove the other issues then

Nearly rite Adam you just have Mark Brazendale and Bryan Lockhart back to front…...it’s Mark Brazendale who is involved with Detailing World……I have no connection whatsoever with that forum.

By way of information for the rest of the guys on the forum it’s like this……when looking for a Detailer reputation and even more importantly recommendations are everything, like everything else there are Detailers and there are Detailers, I have in the past been contacted by people who have had their cars “Detailed”, I would say allegedly, to put rite what was left.

There are only about a dozen or so Detailers in the UK I would feel comfortable in recommending (and I know most) Mark Brazendale is one of those.

Adam, and this may surprise the rest of you, you’ll remember I said the situation with your car will have a silver lining well that is: -

1) Post Detail you will probably see colours in the paint that are not visible at the moment………road grime often masks the true colour even if it does only have 2000miles on the clock.

2) You will probably want to THANK the supplying BMW dealer for handing your car over in that condition which forced you to have it Detailed LOL!!

3) You’ll have a smile on your face the like of which you probably haven’t had for a long time………i.e. Mr Happy LOL!!

4) It’s gonna look absolutely sensational……..even better than when new!!

And if you get all of the above FOC well that’s what I call a deal and a half eh LOL!!

Also, after the Detail Adam I would suggest you get yourself some Z8 Grand Finale Spray, this will enable you to keep your car looking as good as the day it was Detailed with minimal effort because after drying it only takes about 5mins to Z8 an entire car it’s sooooo easy to apply and it only costs £20 delivered and lasts forever cause you only need the smallest smidgen when applying, then apply your Last Step Product (LSP) once in a while…….course Mark will go over all this and keep you rite, he may even suggest something other than Z8 that’s just my preference because of the easy of application and the slickness left on the finish.

Bryan

Ok state of play so far, thanks to "pixor" who put me intouch with a chap called Byran Lockhart who I believe is to do with detailing world and he in turn has put me in touch with Mark Brazendale of The Shine Factory who im going to push that Phoenix pay for him to sort the paintwork...I will get him to do it anyway As he comes highly recommended and from talking to him i trust tha he can to the nessesary to impove the paintwork and then I will try and get back the money form them by whatever means should they not play ball.

Going into my local dealer tom so hopefully will resove the other issues then

Nearly rite Adam you just have Mark Brazendale and Bryan Lockhart back to front…...it’s Mark Brazendale who is involved with Detailing World……I have no connection whatsoever with that forum.

By way of information for the rest of the guys on the forum it’s like this……when looking for a Detailer reputation and even more importantly recommendations are everything, like everything else there are Detailers and there are Detailers, I have in the past been contacted by people who have had their cars “Detailed”, I would say allegedly, to put rite what was left.

There are only about a dozen or so Detailers in the UK I would feel comfortable in recommending (and I know most) Mark Brazendale is one of those.

Adam, and this may surprise the rest of you, you’ll remember I said the situation with your car will have a silver lining well that is: -

1) Post Detail you will probably see colours in the paint that are not visible at the moment………road grime often masks the true colour even if it does only have 2000miles on the clock.

2) You will probably want to THANK the supplying BMW dealer for handing your car over in that condition which forced you to have it Detailed LOL!!

3) You’ll have a smile on your face the like of which you probably haven’t had for a long time………i.e. Mr Happy LOL!!

4) It’s gonna look absolutely sensational……..even better than when new!!

And if you get all of the above FOC well that’s what I call a deal and a half eh LOL!!

Also, after the Detail Adam I would suggest you get yourself some Z8 Grand Finale Spray, this will enable you to keep your car looking as good as the day it was Detailed with minimal effort because after drying it only takes about 5mins to Z8 an entire car it’s sooooo easy to apply and it only costs £20 delivered and lasts forever cause you only need the smallest smidgen when applying, then apply your Last Step Product (LSP) once in a while…….course Mark will go over all this and keep you rite, he may even suggest something other than Z8 that’s just my preference because of the easy of application and the slickness left on the finish.

Bryan

Ahh sorry Bryan! oops lol, just had a call from my local dealer saying the valeter has called in sick!! proberbly scared him off!! but thats a result id say popping down anyway to meet the sales manager who's going to have a look at the car and im hoping that he will agree with me on what needs doing ie getting mark to do it so fingers crossed :wink:

"UPDATE", been to see the Sales Manager at my local dealer really nice chap and very helpfull considering that he's been dragged into this and they didnt even sell me the car!!, things are looking VERY positive, he agreed with me 100% about the condition of the car and agreed that getting Mark from the "shinefactory" to sort the bodywork is exactly what he would do and that the price that Mark has quoted me is very reasonable.

He also said that they would get the leather on the whole backrest replaced under warranty which will benefit Phoenix as it wont cost them anything aswell as my local dealer making a bit of money on the labour so win win all round on that one.

The Piano Black trim he suggested needed replacing as will the door entry "Kickplates" so as he said Phoenix should pick up the bill on those, having a used Z4 in the showroom with 28k on the clock backed me up on that one as the "kickplates" we're totaly unmarked and as new!.

However a couple of other issuses have come to light!! :roll: he noticed that there is a rather large gap between the bonnet and the front pannel and when compaired to the used Z4 Cab in the showroom its about half an inch bigger!! :shock: also on the way over this morning the car was running very lumpy! and hesitant at low revs oh joy! so he said that he have them look at these issuses when its booked in.

Cant praise LJ Irivnes of Bridgwater more highly so far and they have given me a bit more confidence in that ive done the right thing in keeping the car and not jumping on the plane and flying home! :?

Thanks for everbody advice and help so far :wink:

P.S washed the car this morning...to help to show the scratches........and its covered in "BIRD POO", now where's my shotgun???! :roll::lol:

post-3379-13074205783943_thumb.jpg

post-3379-13074205794348_thumb.jpg

post-3379-13074205807662_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a good result, Adam.

It's good to hear your local dealer are being helpful - all too rare these days.

Have no fear - a good detailer (and it sounds like Mark is one) will get the car looking better than the day it rolled off the production line.

Bishy you sly dog, i was expecting an M5! great colour and combination shame about your woes but it will get sorted in the end.

Have your detailer dude measure your paint depths just incase there has been a repair i hope not.

How much was the fuel bill in the end?

Never used L J Irvine, just Westerley which im not overly fussed with.

Awesome cars congrats and get some CSLs. :wink::lol:

Well Adam they can't say fairer than that........now that's what I call a deal and half 8)

As with normal practice Mark will be checking the paint thickness and will be able to tell you if the car has seen paint although I suspect it's possibly just had a wee bump while in the lot and just needs re-aligning........everything is coming together nicely for you Adam, it may take a couple of weeks but it'll be well worth it and when it's done it's gonna be WOW 8) and you could probably sell it for a profit eh LOL!!

Also, the lumpiness could be making the point it needs a good service........remember to get the GREASE in anywhere that has GREASE replaced, the reason I have suggested this to Adam is that when a car sits around for a while grease can semi-solidify it then loses it's lubricating properties and so you run the risk of premature failure........just a thought though :wink:

Bryan

Bishy with regard to where to do the Detail I have just had a thought.........as I mentioned I was at Phoenix doind a new car protection detail Phoenix were NOT paying it was the customer who requested it...........your dealer may well do likewise the only problem might be time.........I'm sure they would be interested in seeing what a detail is and leaves by way of the finished article........just a thought :)

Although I don't see your driveway being a problem we haven't had any problems with dust when working on chipped driveways.

Bryan

Ah, ok - cos I was chatting with him on DW about my M5 briefly the other day and I think he is on here from time to time. Sorry for the confusion.

Pad

Bishy you sly dog, i was expecting an M5! great colour and combination shame about your woes but it will get sorted in the end.

Have your detailer dude measure your paint depths just incase there has been a repair i hope not.

How much was the fuel bill in the end?

Never used L J Irvine, just Westerley which im not overly fussed with.

Awesome cars congrats and get some CSLs. :wink::lol:

Ah ha fooled you! :roll::wink:....not bad on fuel, low fuel light was on when I picked it up! so went straight to the local shell garage to fill it up with lots of lovely V-Power only took £36 worth!! small tank at 55 litres! filled up again at a motoerway services £44!! bloody expensive but got back to taunton with half a tank left so 50 quid ish I guess for 459 miles av 31MPG not bad id say :wink:

CSL's???hmmm stint now BUT maybe one day..prob a chip + de-limit first and a trip to Germany, but after the warranty runs out so wont be for a year na da half! :wink::lol:

Phoned the Dealer Principle today at phoenix he was busy apparantly and guess what..........he didnt return my call. Ive got a nasty feeling that he's not going to play ball with paying for the "detailing" and possibly a couple of other things. (wont be happy with less as that is what it needs! a normal valet will not sort the mess that the bodyworks in)

Now do I book a flight....£28 drive the car up and get my money back?! (cos Im really getting fed up now! and spent all my savings on this car and just put it down to one of those things!)

Or get them to sort the interior etc etc and fork out for the detail myself?! which really goes against the grain as it should never have been like it in the first place!.

Really getting stressed now, And thinking that enougths enougth :x

dont panic mate, he may have been genuinely unable to call you back. Are they open Saturdays? If so I'd be on the blower to them tomorrow morning to sort it out.

I would stick with it if i was you Bishy, as Bryan has already said, once you've had the paint correction done it'll be better than new.

If you take it back will you get another one in the same spec, with the same mileage for the same money. I've seen them with a lot more miles than yours going for a lot more money.

To be honest, i don't think any car you buy is going to be perfect because there are very few people who know how to wash a car properly (2 bucket method etc) As previously said, once the works been done it will be as near as perfect as you can get, you'll have a great car, and you'll be glad you kept it.

I go along with all of the above, whatever you think Adam you still, even now, have a cracker of a car there..........hand it back...........wouldn't be me :wink:

Just relax, make one phone call at a time and use the art of persuation, when all's said and done we're not talking about a kings ransome to put rite the bits & pieces eh 8)

Bryan

Hi' Bishy,

When I first read this last weekend I couldn't believe you

actually bought this car.

I know you are a very fussy guy and so am I and

everybody should be when you are parting with your

hard earned cash, especially to a BMW dealer.

It might be low mileage but that car has had a really

hard time.

I would defiantly have walked away from it and probally be locked

up by now as I would have decked the salesman.

Liefs too short to be going through all the hassle to get that car

as it should be.

All the best with it what ever you decide to do.

Cheers

Jim

I guess its what the car will look like after the full detail,if your still not happy but the dealers have complied with your wishes,you have no room to negotiate..

Obviously Adam i dont know you at all,but you come across as a guy who has a great eye for detail and is very discerning on what he buys,never the man that says "well its cheap but rough".....

And TBH it sounds like this car is spoiled for you already..

Like Mac says,it has low miles but has obviously been neglected by its former owner,a few extra miles but cherished would be a preferable option IMHO..

Personally,and its only my opinion of course,but i would ask for my money back..Remember you have spent a lot of money,nothing less than perfect should be the only option.

I Don't really have a lot of sympathy mate :o , You drove it home against your better Judgment, You quickly realised the supplying dealer was a tosser,My advice is pretty much like the others have said .

Get it prepped & polished by a pro detailer & you will be happier than ever, as I don't see how you can get your money back :?

Sorry to be Brutal, but I don't lick ass :lol: just say it how it is :roll:

I genuinely hope you will be happy with it by the next time we meet up :wink:

I feel for you on this Bishy, it's hard to know what to do.

What of the running issues you mentioned?

The trouble is, seeing the condition it's in, was in run-in properly? i.e was the previous keeper as careless with the running in procedure as with the bodywor