Ziggy

'96 520i SE touring - some pics from this eve!

Nice shots! My little compact jobbie isn't up to night time shots like that, what's the minimum sort of equipment I would need to do that?

You need something that can do slow-sync flash... I'd have thought some compacts (canon powershot etc?) would do that, but you really want an SLR if you want to get into photography. Mine's a Nikon D40, & those pics were just taken with the kit 18-55 lens. Doesn't have to be hugely expensive, but you will develop a strange desire for expensive bits of glass! Read some reviews, have a play with some cameras in a shop... As well as liking how mine worked, this was quite a convincing review!

my favourite is the first one, but i think i'd photoshop the car a little darker.. ?

You're probably right, but that's as it came out of the camera (minus some grass I cropped out of the foreground!) - maybe I'm just lazy but I kinda prefer pics like that! :)

I'll take some better ones when it's cleaner and less cold out!

how do you get that effect? I have both eos 400d and an eos 3000v 35mm and would love to know how to get some shots like that?

Thanks

Greig

Cracking ..

Did the triffids ever turn up ? :mrgreen:

( has a certain air of 'war-of-the-worlds' about it )

Mine's a Nikon D40, & those pics were just taken with the kit 18-55 lens. Doesn't have to be hugely expensive, but you will develop a strange desire for expensive bits of glass! Read some reviews, have a play with some cameras in a shop... As well as liking how mine worked, this was quite a convincing review!