Sphinx

E39 Buying Guide

Honest John has a nice piece about the E39 in his 'Future Classic Friday' section

https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/news/comment/2017-10/future-classic-friday-bmw-5-series-e39/

Still miss mine, would love to know whether it's still around (I suspect not)

A 530i SE (RX52NXE) which was traded in for a F30 328i. Better on paper in pretty much every respect but does it have that solid E39 'feel' ? Not a chance

20 minutes ago, pt530i said:

A 530i SE (RX52NXE) which was traded in for a F30 328i. Better on paper in pretty much every respect but does it have that solid E39 'feel' ? Not a chance

Not been taxed since October last year according to the Vehicle Check app :(

4 hours ago, Eddy555 said:

Not been taxed since October last year according to the Vehicle Check app :(

Yeah, reckon it's been scrapped

It had plenty wrong with it although was still perfectly driveable. Would love to have kept it somewhere but no space and no time to work on it meant I needed something dependable so decided to let it go.

Although I was perfectly happy with the spec (a base SE,)it actually had everything I needed but was pretty worthless as it seems only sport models have a following,

Dont get me wrong, a F30 328i is a very capable car, far better technology wise than the E39 but just feels flimsy compared with the E39. I suspect a F10 5-series would be a better comparison though