bigpow

Nürburgring guide & Whats your best time

only done it on the ps2,using gt4,force feedback wheel

best time was in the "formula 1" car(or formula gran tourismo as its called in the game)@ 5'29.202

next best car was the pescarolo @ 5'38.904

one day ile make it over for real(probably set a 15 min lap and hit the armco) :lol::lol:

Sweet thread,

7.18 in the Red Bull Carrera cup car in Forza2 with ABS on was my best so far.

Might have to try in the BMW R1 see what i can do.. :lol:

Back to reality.

Went round the ring with my mate in his E36 M3, he was hitting times around the 8:45 mark. Off to the ring in a few months with the e34 525iX, most interested in keeping the car on the black bit in the middle so I'm setting the bar quite low, I'll take anything under 10mins

13min

4 up with in a new Alpha Mito remapped...great fun and really not too far to drive to...loads of people there..only downside was people crashing and shuttign it quite alot

8:43 BTG in my Cossie a few years ago :D

Best time in the 'Big5 was 9:19 BTG but that was in VERY heavy traffic and easing back for a couple of armco lovers :)

compared to the guys I went with and being my first time ever on the a track the Nurburg was ERM f**king scary lol My first lap I followed a Mazda Rx8 for a while until a Carbon Scooby flew past at massive speed, as I and the Rx8 turned the corner to find the Scooby pinballing off the armco's smashing it to bits. The guy in the Rx8 didn't do another lap. I did a morning one not knowing the track at all and managed

9:54 In a 328 bhp skyline. Its nothing like xbox

Ive been three times now in 3 different cars, about 30 laps in total.

Been in my old astra VXR - completely empty track (only saw 2 other cars whilst I was on). Wasn't impressed with the car and sold it 2 weeks after returning. Car did just over 9 mins

europe_195.jpg

Had a nice stop off in Brugge on the way home though

europe_48.jpg

Then we took our track slag 306 and 130i, 306 was epic! got about a 9.15 in that on a busy track

_MG_1278.jpg

That was loooooow

_MG_1091And7more.jpg

Then we went in the M5, wonderful in a straight line but brakes are just not up to the job... even though in my opinion the nurburgring isnt hugely demanding on the brakes.

DSCF0600.jpg

In terms of whats best though, we took a 3.0 si Z4 on a trackday to cadwell and oulton park, I have to say it was my favourite on track by a long way

_DSC0740-1.jpg

Went out to the ring in 2009 in my track prepared e28 m5, it took 3 days to get even vaguely familiar with the circuit, my best time 9 mins 40 on a fairly busy lap, we are back. There in 2012, we hope.

Megane Sport 230bhp (see photos) June 16 2011.   First lap 14.23mins  totally cr4pped my pants on carousel.....  

Second lap  14.03mins  Starting to get addicted

Third lap    12.43mins    Getting courageous

Fourth lap  11.02mins    Getting Silly

Fifth & Final lap 10.18mins   TOTALLY BUZZING!!!

Any body that has not done Nurburgring  has to try it even if for just 1 lap.....

Im off in the Summer with the BMer is anyone wishes to join me?

9.36 on my second lap in my 200sx S14A, followed an E46 M3CSL.

Didn't really know the track, glazed my pads about a mile in, was really harsh on the brakes.

Came back form the ring and promptly ordered a set Ksports 8pots for the front and 6post for the rear. Never had a problem with brakes since.

378131_10150524626564369_1440037682_n.jp

Just over 9 min in my Evo VI (425/400) on road tyres in April last year.  Would like to think I could break the 9min mark on R888's on a dry day.