Geeza

My 530 vs High tension steel cable!!*UPDATE*

So I am driving along when all of a sudden BANG!! somthing hits the windscreen I think WTF?!

Kinda figure it had something to do with the construction site I had just drove past(for you Ashford guys the old railway works on Newtown road)........I know something has hit the car thats for sure so I go back to investigate more, I pull up and theres the fella pulling this high tension steel cable back in of the footpath!.....he immediatly starts to worry the look on his face said it all :twisted:

So I now know whats hit my car......i then get out to survey said damage to windscreen....

windowdamage.jpg

I then walk round to see the path the cable has took across front of my car......

Bonnetdamage.jpg

And the large what can only be described as "Wrecking ball" on the end of the cable ended up here....

Wingdamage.jpg

Wingdamage2.jpg

So the guy admits he fcuked up and told me to get quotes and bring them down as he is the foreman and he works for Osbournes and they will settle up with a cheque.......thats all fine car can be repaired, but what if it had come through my windcreen?.....I would and also if an member of the public had been there been killed or seriously injured, so once I have a cheque for damages, I will then start making them sweat in regards to the HSE as I used to work in the building trade and have fair knowledge of working practice's..........so we shall see how this goes......

So I am driving along when all of a sudden BANG!! somthing hits the windscreen I think WTF?!

Kinda figure it had something to do with the construction site I had just drove past(for you Ashford guys the old railway works on Newtown road)........I know something has hit the car thats for sure so I go back to investigate more, I pull up and theres the fella pulling this high tension steel cable back in of the footpath!.....he immediatly starts to worry the look on his face said it all :twisted:

So I now know whats hit my car......i then get out to survey said damage to windscreen....

windowdamage.jpg

I then walk round to see the path the cable has took across front of my car......

Bonnetdamage.jpg

And the large what can only be described as "Wrecking ball" on the end of the cable ended up here....

Wingdamage.jpg

Wingdamage2.jpg

So the guy admits he fcuked up and told me to get quotes and bring them down as he is the foreman and he works for Osbournes and they will settle up with a cheque.......thats all fine car can be repaired, but what if it had come through my windcreen?.....I would and also if an member of the public had been there been killed or seriously injured, so once I have a cheque for damages, I will then start making them sweat in regards to the HSE as I used to work in the building trade and have fair knowledge of working practice's..........so we shall see how this goes......

:shock: Fekk, lucky one there winkel.

If a cheque arrives, i would give the fella a break :wink:unless he is an illegal immigrant :mrgreen:

:shock: Fekk, lucky one there winkel.

If a cheque arrives, i would give the fella a break :wink:unless he is an illegal immigrant :mrgreen:

Just been and seen my mate who helped me out with suspension,etc and he said I should DEFINATLY go to BMW and see what they would charge to do the repairs :mrgreen:

Just been and seen my mate who helped me out with suspension,etc and he said I should DEFINATLY go to BMW and see what they would charge to do the repairs :mrgreen:

Holy crap!

Thats some scary shit!!! As you said the guy is lucky nobody was really hurt!

Holy crap!

Thats some scary shit!!! As you said the guy is lucky nobody was really hurt!

Sounds to me like a blatant flouting of the companys "duty of care" . HSE would go bananas on this if they found out.

At least you are OK , doesnt bare thinking about what could have happened if the cable was under a bit more tension.

Sounds to me like a blatant flouting of the companys "duty of care" . HSE would go bananas on this if they found out.

At least you are OK , doesnt bare thinking about what could have happened if the cable was under a bit more tension.

James,I would consider that to be f..kin lucky old son, as stated had that come through the screen thing may have been ugly :!:

Hope its sorted soon mate, oh, try Alan at AD Spraycraft Lympne Dist Park 01303 265075 :wink:

Is he anything to do with all the Lambo's etc? cause my mate Garath works for him and I was gonna take it down there, seeing as they used to repairing £100,000 cars :mrgreen:

James,I would consider that to be f..kin lucky old son, as stated had that come through the screen thing may have been ugly :!:

Hope its sorted soon mate, oh, try Alan at AD Spraycraft Lympne Dist Park 01303 265075 :wink:

Is he anything to do with all the Lambo's etc? cause my mate Garath works for him and I was gonna take it down there, seeing as they used to repairing £100,000 cars :mrgreen:

Nope Tom if it had been a soft top it could have taken someones head off. Get it in writing of him J, go to BMW and get it sorted with a hire car as well and I'd be adding a little on top as well for loss of one of your 9 lives.

Nope Tom if it had been a soft top it could have taken someones head off. Get it in writing of him J, go to BMW and get it sorted with a hire car as well and I'd be adding a little on top as well for loss of one of your 9 lives.

WTF...if that had been under any more tension you would of been driving a convertable 5 and possibly a flip top head...Glad you are ok...metal and paint can be fixed...life aint so easy! I would get everything in writing so u got them by the bollox if it goes tits up!

WTF...if that had been under any more tension you would of been driving a convertable 5 and possibly a flip top head...Glad you are ok...metal and paint can be fixed...life aint so easy! I would get everything in writing so u got them by the bollox if it goes tits up!

Ouch! Is there any damage to the 'A' pillars aside from the obvious paint damage? Could turn out to be a very expensive job if there is!

On the plus side, your OK, no one was hurt and after all this is sorted you'll have a nice fresh front end and brand new windscreen. TBH I would push for a full respray as trying to get a decent quality match can be hard...

Gutted for ya mate! Hope the claim all goes through smoothly...

Ouch! Is there any damage to the 'A' pillars aside from the obvious paint damage? Could turn out to be a very expensive job if there is!

On the plus side, your OK, no one was hurt and after all this is sorted you'll have a nice fresh front end and brand new windscreen. TBH I would push for a full respray as trying to get a decent quality match can be hard...

Gutted for ya mate! Hope the claim all goes through smoothly...

Nasty one Geeza, glad to see you are ok tho'

Did you get any witnesses? Personally I would have been really suspicious of the builder as when you go back he may have moved on the others just tell you to take a hike. Hope not.

Nasty one Geeza, glad to see you are ok tho'

Did you get any witnesses? Personally I would have been really suspicious of the builder as when you go back he may have moved on the others just tell you to take a hike. Hope not.

Guest C8 SDD

Worth popping back and asking if he needs any help filling in the

riddor report.

They're used to report "dangerous occurances" and i think this is a

worthy case.