Looks good mate - but i agree not as good as the 32s, and yes, from the side 66s don't look their best - m-parras do though!

The unsprung weight thing will probably feel slightly different, but then the 66s are more prone to being bent from what i've read - so pros and cons.

Good luck with the DIY refurb - will take a lot of time and patience, but I reckon you could manage a decent job given that. The powder coat on the refurb 32s i bought is very tough, but not as good looking as the original finish.

Unsprung weight (the wheel) makes a big handling difference. I assumed that the reason my car handles even better now is the drop of 5 in both tyre profiles. Perhaps the paras are also lighter than the 32's?

That said, your car does look much better on 32's!

The brilliant line finish is doable - my wheels were finished perfectly in it so hunt around. Mark from BM Autosport might spill the beans and say who does his!

I think my Style 81s were the worst!

Tell you what - can someone start weighing rims and we'll have a how much does your wheel weigh thread! (jon will like that!) :wink:

The difference in handling between the 530d sport on 18s and the 2.2 520 sport touring on 17s is remarkable - both great, but completely different. Touring feels a fair bit more floaty to be honest, but absorbs bumps much better and grips however much you push. The 530d turns in better, but i can feel the rear wanting to break much sooner due to less weight at the rear and far far more torque.

The rear suspension definately makes a big difference, less "together" than the saloon it you know what i mean. (prepares to receive flame from touring owners!)

Oh i have to agree - you can't cover all the bases at once. I quite like the touring feel myself, it is different, but no less fun by any means. Probably wouldn't track it, but then with the 2.2 its hardly in its element!

Can see a trip to the Anglesey track coming up at some point this year - ought to get the NW contingent out for a meet there. I know EndeavourUK took his 535d up there.

Sidyal summed up the touring rear end and I feel the same way. It only tries to break loose under severe provocation though. I'm getting the feeling with 18's that they will grip a bit longer and then let go all at once ...

Tourings track fine - I went past all sorts of things at Bedford in it, even on 16's. I think having been taught the track by a pro a few weeks before helped significantly though ;)