Retset

The BMW5 random picture thread

Sincere apologies if it seems like showing off, I do realise how lucky I've been.

The tale is that I bought an M635 12 years ago when they were relatively cheap (£6.6k, I found the receipt the other day), I pursued the E34 when hardly anybody knew it even existed and I just got lucky with the B12 as no-one else was buying when the PO wanted to sell... and I was looking to buy, and I specifically wanted the Langversion ;)

The bitter truth is that just recently the E34 and E38 were days from being sold to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads - it's been a tough year... and so after another long day today I managed to give them all a quick wash  to get the three of them looking nice.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, sharkfan said:

Sincere apologies if it seems like showing off, I do realise how lucky I've been.

The bitter truth is that just recently the E34 and E38 were days from being sold to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads - it's been a tough year... and so after another long day today I managed to give them all a quick wash  to get the three of them looking nice.

show off all you want Sharkfan , i could look at that E34 all day :) and the others too for that matter but mostly the E34 !

And i hope all is going better to let you keep them y=too !

On 1/11/2008 at 1:11 PM, Retset said:

First off, this is an idea I've unashamedly ripped off from VX220.org ;) We appear to have some fantastic photographers on the site and so I feel this will be a great thread.

The rules are simple:

1) You must have taken the pic

2) Max 800X600

3) Nothing too rude - saucy OK. I'll be pleased to look at any rude pics if you want a decision making first :lol:

4) Any subject except the 5 series 

This is the furthest ago I have ever been quoted from. 10 years. Wow!

In fairness, it was supposed to be a thread for pretty pictures that are nothing to do with 5's, like Duncan's a few up.

To put the thread back on it's rails, here is a nice sunset picture of St. Ives, Cornwall which I took with my Mavic Pro. It consists of 5 portrait images, each made of 3 bracketed photos. The stitching, straightening and editing was done in Photoshop and resulted in a 890MB TIFF! You can't zoom in on this 600kb JPEG in quite the same way!

DJI_0888-Edit-Edit.thumb.jpg.e0a1644e5b6aa4a6d8d63633f57842de.jpg

7 minutes ago, Retset said:

it was supposed to be a thread for pretty pictures that are nothing to do with 5's, 

Exactly why I quoted you. :D

Great pic' by the way,  I'm guessing a Mavic Pro is a drone. 

12 minutes ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

Great pic' by the way,  I'm guessing a Mavic Pro is a drone. 

Thank you! Yes, it's a very good drone that folds up so is easy to take on holiday etc. It can be hard in busy places like St. Ives to take off/land and fly legally (staying 30m/50m from people and property and not flying over the town). I took all my photos and video either at about 6.30am or late evening and, even then, being out over the sea was the only way to keep it legal. There was a similar (identical?) drone flying low over the town centre on a number of occasions, breaking the law in many ways. This is, of course, why drones end up with a bad name and I feel like a criminal even though I fly it legally.

Here, let me break my own thread rules with a video, rather than a photo. A short video of The Island area before most people are out of bed!