Zaid

Air auto circulation

Anyone views on how good the auto air circulation mode? Mine seems useless.

Also when enabling the recirculated-air mode (which I seem to be doing alot in heavy traffic due to exhaust fumes from cars/lorries in front) it switches back to auto rather quickly? it probably lasts only a minute or two?

Mine too, annoying if you're in a tunnel that's any length - been reading thats its possible to code the car to allow full continuous recirculation and not the half measure we get.  Allegedly its not even actual closed loop recirc from factory. Both the f10 and g31 didnt do proper recirc afaik - least i could always smell outside air when I'd switch recirc on way in advance. 

Still researching but will post if i get anywhere. 

Edited by SuperDave

Thanks. I agree the f10 did a better job with the recirc! It's a bit strange why BMW decided to change things on the G30. I noticed in warmer weather (>10deg) the recirc mode lasts a bit longer. 

Tried an experiment today and with aircon on the recirc didnt seem to switch off. 

The coding ive been reading about is to deactivative the mist sensor in the system - guess it could be very sensitive to humidity if the AC is off.