edd_jedi

Latest Maps for Professional Navigation (CCC)

I currently have a 2017 disc that I purchased from eBay a couple of years ago. It is a proper pressed DVD, not a DVD-R, however I'm not sure it's genuine. It has worked well since buying it, no drive issues (one of the reasons I didn't just burn my own DVD.)

The same seller now has the 2019 version for sale on eBay, but I cannot find a genuine 2019 version on BMWs own website, in fact if I put my VIN in their online store there are no compatible navigation products at all.

What I'm trying to figure out is if 2019 (or indeed earlier) official discs or maps actually exist at all, as I don't want to 'upgrade' if some guy in his bedroom has just slapped a 2019 logo on whatever maps I already have. So does anybody know what the latest official maps are?

There was not much difference around where I live at the 2017-2018 version DVD. The one I have now is 2019 and it has the road that was built in mid 2017.  There is a file on a DVD which contains version number. Check it out yourself and ask the seller for a image of the same file name. I have the latest version. I will check it out sometime later this week.

Thanks for that, I will ask. Can anybody answer my question about whether BMW themselves actually make a 2019 DVD? I'm wondering where these updated versions come from. Seems odd that it's not on their website.

I'm interested in upgrading my maps - I have a 2008 LCI, without USB. Would this disc work for me? Would you mind giving me the seller's eBay details edd_jedi?

Do you have CCC (DVD nav) instead of CIC (hard disk?) If so it was this seller I bought from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173226929954

The 2017 one worked great, it updated the nav software too from my previous 2007 disc. You can find them cheaper but only burned discs which apparently can damage the drive, that's why I paid a bit more for this 'pressed' disc.

On 11/02/2019 at 21:44, Biotoxic said:

Check it out yourself and ask the seller for a image of the same file name. I have the latest version.

Thanks for the tip, I just checked the "official 2017" version I bought from eBay and it's actually only the 2016 version :rolleyes: to be fair it's worked well for the last 18 months so can't complain too much, but I am a bit annoyed I got mugged off for £20 with an older version.

So I have just downloaded an ISO of the 2019 version, which as you can see in the attached is legit. I burned it to a DVD+R at 4x and it's just loaded up in the drive fine, updating the nav software too. It will be interesting to see if there's any truth in burned discs running louder or killing drives, I'll update in a few months.

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 18.15.01.png