duncan-uk

Foot well dog crate

So our dog usually travels very happily in a cage in the boot which is fine.

Thinking about 2 seaters sports cars does anyone know of a footwell type crate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh you can have a harness that fits to the seat belt buckle but dog is still free.

She travels very well in the cage as feels secure on her bed when ever we've traveled in another car with her by your feet shes a bit fidgety.

I'd hoped there was a squashy type travel cage one could put in the foot well.

I can't quite picture a cage big enough for her that would allow you to have a passenger with legs.

Cages also tend to have the door at either end, so you'd end up having to put her in it, then it in the car, which doesn't sound ideal.

I'd guess the closest thing would be a big pet carrier with an opening top, but again it won't leave much room for your passenger's feet.

A friend of my Mrs used to let her dog travel loose in the footwell of the front passenger with disastrous consequences. They were involved in an accident that broke her leg and trapped her and the dog. The dog being trapped and in pain threw a wobbly and added to the woman's injuries by biting her badly on the legs. 

This reminds me of a return trip from the vet a couple of years back with the cat in the E46. The plastic cat box seemed to wedge in perfectly behind the passenger seat and rear bench. Unbeknownst to myself and the missus, this wedging caused the box to deform slightly and when the trip got underway and the cat got a bit agitated (nomal) it was able to push the door open. 

In the ensuing pandemonium we closed the windows before the cat jumped out. Before she caused a crash, the missus in the passenger seat was able to contain the her. With about 10 minutes to get home the cat decided it would be an appropriate time for a nice big number two on the front seat :rolleyes:

Longest ten minutes I've ever spent in a car with the windows practically shut.  How I didn't choke I'll never know, and it's not something I'd care to repeat but funny now to look back on. What possessed me to take a photo I don't know either :D:D:D 

Don't look at pic below whatever you do

Keliuss

5hol01IykXOsvHpdHHME5g6qGRnNCVskOck9sJEE-GUNHAWC6Ag5ZqgVrbQ3JCmDcjTMYg6nJPQZ4wamDNxe4jqDdbUZNA7EaveTmVx2RESHPOKfXBrOBhlsM-mtm2FYcdC1tOGuPOJrN_0nN4GKZ_hq32ZuiqejI2_RI_1PSRiv0XKz_ack4A7sISfoTIrfCn18TZJH0H_-OwMXK-eLLhe_wxBJ6IzynUdLY24mlXzZs4nub6junPZyEk_7cN_A_CbrUBPOPaYdcwGOjADNevheidYyff2zeeHyxRckYyNNIwSxc7CMlGVMqqgdgrjVGTm8AHvIK9wZ1YgeTcD01OSg7lZR82tuFAtASISTai-tI6QSpuxu0Hp3RiyMxq724_HNwv_dtlOPWxRcky4GhBDfog8ylbFata9GSau7NuGzb7b1CgNzv7t3i9C5da-U7JJ3-CDd0K_9N-G5b18seTOD_eSo48VLUHXyxGHx4awbZec21oqTsw4fTNin49LzsnUPJ-XBIeldcbobVhj6SxyiwVmt8Sca4ZCkeHLTmksblFgTld9sGRzDNT9HcMfuhcZvdvmkkUtS6Oeex_QxbTHuO7sDsjHT11ZF74QVEdZXM1q2znupyve-ELp52n1m0t4KF1YBYePvDrQP9ydTD45Cy4aryRc=w528-h938-no